1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats needed to turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by brownkobe8, Oct 2, 2006.

1. brownkobe8

brownkobe8 New Member

ok i seen other models like my friends mits. stocked turboed i seen i just has CAI
    turbo manifold and its turbocharger with some wierd intake connected to it.
    So my question is i will like to turbo my ls so can i just keep my AEM CAI and just get the turbo manifold, downpipe if needed i will also get turbo exhuast if theirs any
    and which ever turbocharger will be good ill place in. and definetly place a BOV cuz i love that sweet sound.
    So basically my question can i run turbo without an intercooler ill just keep my CAI
    And do i need to get special injectors or can i keep my original injectors
  2. igotnothin

igotnothin New Member

harford co MD

just becaues im new here ill be nice.

you need a turbo mainforld wich will suport what ever turbo you get ie t3 need t3 flange.
    charge pipeing
    i highly recomend that you get a ic. if not increase detonation.
    the cai can be used as charge pipeing but not exactly as is the vac lines need to be changed
    you will need larger injectors if you want to do it right or anything over 6 7 psi.
    you will need oil lines feed and drain
    taped oil pan
    you will need a bost gauge
    wastegate to regulate the turbo psi
    you will need some kind of engine managment
    try a chiped ecu and have it tuned with crome or hondata if you have money
    vacume lines to operate boos gauge bov wastegate
    oh yea you need a bov but you new that
    you should do alot of research so you dont blow your motor. and ps if you want a turbo for the PSSSS sound buy a stupid psssss sound maker off ebay
  3. turbo sol

turbo sol I need some ligaments!!!

laurel, montucky (ten minutes out of billings)
    :werd:totally agree. if you're wanting to get a turbo be expectin to spend about 1200 to1400 bucks. that's for a cheap ass setup too.
Draft saved Draft deleted