What's Next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolLess16

hey guys need your opinion - i got a Z6 with intake , header , exhuast , UPulley , cam gear , and about to do clutch and flywheel - would you suggest doin a camshaft and some head work next or Skunk2intake manifold with GSR throttle body??? any sugestions would be apreciated - thanks alot

grab a D16Y8 intake manifold
PnP all that
get a cam / gear
and high compression pistons
also a D16Y8 head gasket is 1/2 the thickness of the Z6 one so that can get you some more compression
and it might be a good time to look into something to tune with

For pistons you can use a set of D16a6 (the crx si) pistons to up your compression, or even ZCs fit if I am correct, but you guys can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Oh and forget the pullies, they're a wast of 200$.

has anyone put the y8head on the z6bottom end?? amd why would i get a y8 intake manifold instead of mine? let me know

i second that. the y8 i/m is like the type-r i/m for the d motors.

the t/b doesn't have to be from a GSR... the ones from the b18b is also 60mm which i'm using.

fyi i have: d16a6 bottom end, y8 head, y8 i/m port-matched to a b18b t/b and other stuff...

well i thought i needed a t/b that was vtec - would it be worth getting the y8 intake instead of the skunk2 - will the flow rate be worth the $ im paying for the skunk2 ??

there is nothing on the throttle body that makes it "VTEC" ... get an integra LS one 60mm and cheap yO.

i'd get a skunk2 one if they ever come out... better than OEM.

more displacement is always a nice feature.......

Milan ;)

Back