1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats on my cylinder wall?

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by nastynate, Oct 4, 2006.

1. nastynate

nastynate lowridin' Sol

I just got a replacement D16Z6 for my 1993 del sol si. When I got it home and looked at it, there was what looks like a plug on the outside of the cylinder wall. It's about the size of a nickel and it has silicone upunder it. Can anyone tell me what this is and if I just got screwed? I would also like to know if this would make it worthless for me to put this motor in my car. Any input on this matter would be helpful.

2. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

Pic?

3. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

pics would be helpful, and i don't want to jump to conclusions but it sounds to me like you might have gotten screwed. is it perfectly round or is it misshaped. i can't really think of any reason somebody would plug something on the cylinder wall unless they broke something. does the plug look clean and nicely done or does it look ghetto

4. ef8

ef8 Junior Member

There should not be ANYTHING on the cylinder wall so i also think you may have gotten screwed,but just to be safe post up a pic.

5. nastynate

nastynate lowridin' Sol

here is the pic

[​IMG]

This is a pic of the tab I was told by the seller that it was a heat tab that he puts on all the motors to see if the motor was run hot. He said that if the motor is run hot then the center of the tab will melt out, and it will void the warranty. Thats what he said but i just wanted to see what ya'll had to say about it before I put the motor in.

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

cant link to YOUR computer bro. you have to upload it to a place like photobucket and then link to it that way.

7. nastynate

nastynate lowridin' Sol

8. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

thats not the cylinder wall.

9. MoSeS

MoSeS New Member

that is the outside of the BLOCK. big difference from the CYLINDER WALL

10. nastynate

nastynate lowridin' Sol

but the cylinder wall and the water jacket are right behind it thats the best way i knew how to explain the location without having a pic

11. solerizr

solerizr Junior Member

yeah but i bet it dosent go throught the water jacket and into the cylinder wall. dont worry about it. It was either a spot for a sensor, or a crack fix. It looks like its done OK..... try it out.

12. nastynate

nastynate lowridin' Sol

I started the motor last night and it ran perfectly. The only problem I had was a cracked radiator and my new one comes in tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted