what's the best clutch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

so before I drop the b18c1 intot he civic i'm obviously gonna be replacing the clutch and most likely the flywheel as well- What setup is everyone running? what brands does everyone recommend? i'm gonna be running the gsr basically stock for a while just with bolt ons- a turbo will most likely be on the motor, but that is down the road a bit- so i'm basically looking for a good clutch and flywheel setup for a mostly stock motor with the usual bolt ons- etc-

im using ACT.... no complaints

a lot of people love exedy as well

im not a big fan of clutchmasters ... seen too many of them fall apart (literaly)

and stay away from "pucked" clutches for street use

i've got ACT with street disk and heavy prssure plate as well, and its been great for the few weeks i've been using it.

act 6 puck ive heard is niice and lasts long. stay away from the 4 puck inless you wanna be replacing mad axles.

My personal favorite is Exedy flywheels and clutches. I strongly dicourage aluminum flywheels and Exedy is steel. Also, they make your OEM components so the benfit there is obvious. As far as what I sell the most of, and recommend to those who don't want to pay Exedy prices- is ACT flywheel (also steel), ACT heavy duty Press plate, with a street disk. This quickens revs, still leaves a nice pedal feel and isn't harsh on engagement, and will hold power all the way up to most bolt on turbo kits. If you're going boost crazy in the future with internals and sick power, you can swap to a very beefy unit while you have the motor out again.

i see i see- what do you get for the ACT flywheel, pressure plate and street disk?

Back