Whats the best teg swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91teg2plawith

Hey all, im new to this site. I have a teg that i want to turn into a monster and i need some advice on the engine. I've done some research on the h22, b18 and b16 series engines, but all ive really gotten definite info on them is that i can get higher revs out of the b16. But havnt really found out what will be a better motor to get for maximum wbhp. I was also wondering if it might be possible to put a k24a2 motor in. Or any k series for that matter. All i found out on those is that in can go into the 96-02 civics.

starbellieangel

ok... if you're going for as much HP as you can get... you're gonna need a lot of time, money, and patience.

i'm impressed with my XSi motor, was fairly cheap, and easy to install... sure, we hit some bumps, but oh well. now, it's LEGAL in all 50 states... so it CAN be done completely legally.

now, don't be a fucking tool and take a K20, do all the work, and turbo it. i've only heard of ONE or TWO holding up. if you're new to the swap world, stick with something easier... a B series swap in a DA is perfect.

now, if you know your shit... *honestly* then, you can move to the swaps that need more work.

the b16 has less torque, and yes, you'll notice, but top end more than makes up for it. if you want, hit me up on AIM or MSN or whatever... check my little card for the info.

:) i could go on forever on this... but i just want to know what your goals are for this car.

thanx a lot. ill prolly be contacting you soon about specifics. my immediate goals are performance related. i want to drag it prolly 1/4 mile, not sure yet. But long term its going to be a show car. (im allways power over beauty) im only 16, so i have no bills and i have time. I dont have tons of cash but im a mechanic so i have a pretty steady income. i dont know a whole lot about swaps but i have car smarts and i can set the timming on just about any car by touch. but my knowlege about anything aftermarket is limited, i mosly know how to fix problems on stock engines, and i know very little about upgrades. But as i said i intend to learn everything there is to know about engine swaps and performance mods.

thanx for the advice about the k series, im not looking for easy im looking for best. And i want to feel like ive acomplished something when its all said and done.

if you're looking for best... you'll need money... the better and newer it is, the more cash it'll cost you... not to mention hassle getting it to fit, and all that riff raff.

either swap you do, you'll feel that sense of accomplishment. hell, i didn't have most of the grunt work in the swap, but i helped, and i feel stoked every time i drive her... just knowing... I DID IT. :)

Back