1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats The Cause?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by NoJokE, May 6, 2003.

1. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

My friends car is sagging to the right side, springs and shocks are stock. He only wants to change one, i think that it is the struts that are bad. He thinks opposite. Can springs go bad and make a car sag?

2. 2fastCRX

2fastCRX Senior Member

They most definatley can.

3. sportlinecrx

sportlinecrx Banned

most likely a blown/bad shock or strut. its best to replace them in pairs to keep the car balanced. the likelyhood of one or two stock springs going bad on their own is pretty slim. check the shocks and struts by pushing down on the corners of the bumpers with your hand. if you get more than one good size bounce, that shock/strut is bad.

4. wildbillhatchbac

wildbillhatchbac the OG VIP

shocks and struts DO NOT change your ride height . . . springs is what controls your ride height. . . if its a 90-93 broken front springs is a usual problem

5. doofnoil

doofnoil Senior Member

wld bill is right about the springs.

6. NoJokE

NoJokE Senior Member

It was the lower control arm ball joint, everyone i asked was wrong about this one. Including me :ph34r:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted