What's The Cheapest Way To Get 300whp?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
listen ppl, I have an H22a in my 93 civic hatch, I did all the motor work myself, with used parts... Thats right USED PARTS!
Forged Arias pistions , cunningham rods and a nuformz, block guard. I custom built my own turbo setup with various junkyard parts, including a T3 Garret from a Merkur XR4Ti, and an intercooler from a Chrysler conquest. and various charge pipes from a couple of different cars. I run 8 PSI with just a Vortech FMU (also picked up used from a drag Mustang) and absolutley NO engine managment. I just keep it safe. So far I've put 37,000 miles on this motor and have dynojet sheets to prove it puts out 294.4 HP and 211lb-ft of tourqe. So yes you can have 300 BHP and all told I probably spent a total of $1500 on parts(not including the engine) The only thing I had to but new was the Drag turbo manifold. I guess being an ASE Master certified auto tech has something to do with it too. lol
Just go to alot of swap meets and look around, you'll be suprised at what you will find. :owned:

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 2 2003, 11:46 AM
listen ppl, I have an H22a in my 93 civic hatch, I did all the motor work myself, with used parts... Thats right USED PARTS!
Forged Arias pistions , cunningham rods and a nuformz, block guard. I custom built my own turbo setup with various junkyard parts, including a T3 Garret from a Merkur XR4Ti, and an intercooler from a Chrysler conquest. and various charge pipes from a couple of different cars. I run 8 PSI with just a Vortech FMU (also picked up used from a drag Mustang) and absolutley NO engine managment. I just keep it safe. So far I've put 37,000 miles on this motor and have dynojet sheets to prove it puts out 294.4 HP and 211lb-ft of tourqe. So yes you can have 300 BHP and all told I probably spent a total of $1500 on parts(not including the engine) The only thing I had to but new was the Drag turbo manifold. I guess being an ASE Master certified auto tech has something to do with it too. lol
Just go to alot of swap meets and look around, you'll be suprised at what you will find. :owned:

what kind of times are u running?

Originally posted by HighOnBoostH22A+Mar 2 2003, 10:54 AM-->
Domeskilla
@Mar 1 2003, 04:59 PM
The h22 HAS to be resleeved b/c of the teflon coating (unless someone has invented a solution)..

Dude, you have a h22 forsale in the classifieds, why not use it? Auto h22 can be a fast motor, switch the cams for manuals and use that manual tranny you are showing and have the motor. Rip it apart and do the shit above.

Also, if you use a b-series, you need a block guard to strengthen the top of the block and a gsr girdle wouldn't be bad for bottom end.

You can get a small turbo and boost 20psi and make 300whp (smaller turbos are cheaper) but it will heat soak and be pushing it to hard.. get a big turbo, make the same power, less heat soak, but hey.. more lag.

Its a science.. we've tried to help you and you call us idiots. So you figure it out.

being new to the boards i thought i'd toss a question out there and see if any of you guys knew your shit... and i got my answer... it was a resounding "no"... i'm making 283/187 at the wheels with an f-max kit with nothing more than a head gasket that lowers the compression a bit and some ignition retard... that, and soem fuel management, and there ya go, almost 300whp with a 4500$ kit that's going to run strong for 15-20k miles... and what motor and tranny are u talking about??? u must have me confused with someone else...

yea.. i did get you confused with someone else.. my bad.

You can bolt that up all you want.. but boosting on STOCK internals WILL fail.. its just a matter of when. You said RELIABLY.. Reliable to me is being able to boost and drive and not have to listen to the motor every step of the way.

We dont know our shit? Okay.. go boost on stock internals, but please take your stupid ass somewhere else. Simply b/c it WILL blow up. If it was so reliable, then everyone would be boosting on stock internals.

Originally posted by ryanwolfe911@Mar 2 2003, 11:46 AM

Im sorry but a t3 is to small for a h22. IMO. You are probably spinning that turbo enough to heat soak it after long runs.

Howd you get forged pistons in a h22 without resleeving it? The teflon coating has to be removed (i.e. RESLEEVING IT!).

It also has to do with where you are located. There are no factory turboed cars in the junk yard here. Id rather buy parts made for my car then piece it together using everything else. Used parts are cool. But when ppl get down to.. "bov from this and down pipe from this and turbo from this, etc" Fuck all that shit.

Spend some money and get hondata, you are probably hendering performance with the FMU.

Again.. he said reliably. In my book, reliablility is knowing your shit wont fail, if it does, itsa freak accident and piecing it together with used parts is a bad/good thing. I would rather have a bullet proof block then brag i paid 1500 for everything.

Like I said I have over 37,000 miles on my engine so far, so I'd say that's prety reliable. And no you don't have to remove the teflon coating on the cylinder walls, I've just proved that. As far as you're concerned, I'm the Messiah of Honda Motor Comany and there is nothing you can tell me that I haven't already tried. I'm not trying to be an asshole, but believe me used parts are the way to go, if you're not rich. That beibg said I do like the pre-fabbed kits, but they are just too impractical. If you are looking for good used parts at a fair price, I suggest www.car-part.com, This is a data base of all the junk yards if the U.S. Happy hunting

i thought i'd toss a question out there and see if any of you guys knew your shit... and i got my answer... it was a resounding "no"...

Good Job!! you are here by referred to "turbo_mustang.com! Make sure to get you prize at the door, its a blown engine boosted to 20 psi on stock internals!!

To answer your original question, the cheapest way to get a 300 hp honda is to got to your local track and give blowjobs for parts. Find another forum, :moon:

Originally posted by HighOnBoostH22A@Feb 28 2003, 08:12 PM
...while still being a reliable daily driver... what motor, with what mods and what forced induction setup???

300ZX TT

or a domes as a last resort.

Originally posted by timEspeed@Mar 2 2003, 11:32 PM
i thought i'd toss a question out there and see if any of you guys knew your shit... and i got my answer... it was a resounding "no"...

Good Job!! you are here by referred to "turbo_mustang.com! Make sure to get you prize at the door, its a blown engine boosted to 20 psi on stock internals!!

To answer your original question, the cheapest way to get a 300 hp honda is to got to your local track and give blowjobs for parts. Find another forum, :moon:

why would i run 20psi on stock internals??? your post couldn't have been any more gay... seriouslly...

this thread is stupid and out of hand.

if you are here to test us, leave. try stupidhonda.com where people like you are abundant.
if you think you are the shit cuz your h22 is making 300 horse, bring it. put your lame dick mouth where my foot is. 10,000 buy in. but you have to come here. are you man enough to take that? or are you just so set on your reliable motor that you are going to crank up the boost and try to take me.

I have a new motor on the way. Dont think for a second that I would heistate putting a 300 shot on my fucking d-series and still smoke your ass- even if i blow up half way down- i'll still own you, and you can buy my new motor.

so yeah- shut the fuck up.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back