What's the Cost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I-Geezee

I have been havin' problems with my Integ recently and am looking into swaping out my ls engine for a B18 possibly c5. I was wondering what the cost would be to have my engine rebuilt with a head swap. I'm lookin' at spending at least 6 or 7 g's for a complete engine swap but I don't know how much it would be for a rebuild. What am I lookin' at spend for that. (rebuild the ls) Possibly save a few bucks? Thanks to those that know.

6 or 7 thousand is a lot, you could have shit loads of fun with that. If you want something more reliable, get a B18C5. If you wanna build your LS, just go LS/VTEC and build the block first so it can withstand the high revs. Get new sleeves, pistons, rings, rods, all that good stuff. Then if you have any money left over, work on the head. Get new valves, valvesprings, retainers, cams, and if you have enough money, a PnP. Oh wait nevermind, you'd still have to get a new tranny but you'd still be able to do most of that.

How much am I lookin' at if I do all that? Is it gonna be cheaper than throwin' in the B18c5? 6 or 7 g's to have that put in less any tuning later. But to just get it and slap it in and go is about 7 g's for me. Rebuild cheaper?

Back