whats the deal with the search on this site??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
yo whats up with the search engine on this site?? it dosent allow you to to type anything less than 3 letter per word? that kind sucks considering that all basic motor codes are all 3 digit codes (h22,b16,b18, etc.) i think that should deffiantely be changed especially becuase im totally limited to what i can search for. so if i want to look up info on injectors.....i can type in h22 injectors i have to type in h22a or prelude to make it work...that really sucks

its to keep iddiots from flooding the search engines with words like "the"

You get enough people searching "the" and "b18" at one time, the server will bog.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 20 2005, 09:52 AM

You get enough people searching "the" and "b18" at one time, the server will bog.
[post=542780]Quoted post[/post]​

And if you get enough people searching "Integra b18c1" the server will bog.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 20 2005, 09:22 AM-->
@Aug 20 2005, 09:52 AM

[post=542780]Quoted post[/post]​

And if you get enough people searching "Integra b18c1" the server will bog.
[post=542807]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

Enough people searching ANYthing will "bog the servers".

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Aug 20 2005, 01:54 PM
...i can type in h22 injectors i have to type in h22a or prelude to make it work...that really sucks
[post=542768]Quoted post[/post]​

OMFG, dude, if type an "a" kicks your ass, imagine what fourth grade is going to do :eek:

I whole heartedly agree on this one. Limiting the searches to more than 3 letters is stupid. I can't find shit when I need to a lot of the time. Seriously, if you want to keep people from searching for stupid shit, just add code to not allow words like 'a', 'I', 'the', etc...

Also, most people just write H22, or b16, I know I do, and if you search for b16a you only get shit that has the 'a' on the end. Oh well, I've brought this up before and no one gives a shit, whatever.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Aug 24 2005, 05:03 PM
I whole heartedly agree on this one. Limiting the searches to more than 3 letters is stupid. I can't find shit when I need to a lot of the time. Seriously, if you want to keep people from searching for stupid shit, just add code to not allow words like 'a', 'I', 'the', etc...

Also, most people just write H22, or b16, I know I do, and if you search for b16a you only get shit that has the 'a' on the end. Oh well, I've brought this up before and no one gives a shit, whatever.
[post=544760]Quoted post[/post]​

When you search for a broad topic you're going to get broad answers. There's nothing B can do about that with this being such a big site with the same thing discussed every other day.

Before you ask a question you could probably just scroll down 5 or 6 topics and find exactly what you need anyway.

Back