Whats the difference a1 and b1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I know we went over this plenty of times, and I can search but I need to leave in 5 mins and don't have the extra time to do it.

Anyway whats the main difference between the b18b1 and the b18a1, I just wanted to know why the hp rating were less. Is it because of the older head, pistons?

B18A1 - 90-93 OBD0/1
B18B1 - 94+ OBD1/2A&B

Mainly the differences between the generations were electronics, cams, IM & Exhuast Manifold's.

Hope this helped.

That's what I needed to know, I'm sending that money tommorow. I've been busy lately.

So If I used a complete OBD1 head with OBD1 P75 it would bring it up to the b1 specs?>

Originally posted by 97hatch@Oct 21 2004, 07:38 PM
um yes the IM, Head, Cams & Ecu are diffrent
[post=405873]Quoted post[/post]​

The head is not physically different. The only differences are... as already stated.

Cams, Electronics (including ECU), IM & Ex.M.

the 90-91 B18a1 motors are obd0 making 130hp where as the B18a1 from 92-93 and the B18b1 from 94-96 are obd1.

Yea i know that, I just couldn't understand why there was a difference in power. Figured it out know. Thanks people

not trying to jack teh thread but,
i have a 92 ls engine in my EF and im using a OBD0 ecm
will that cause a loss of power(i know its not much)

Iiight, I'll just use the b18a1 that I got and build one of the b1's over the winter or something.

Back