1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whats the dirference

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by wisemansoji, Oct 5, 2003.

1. wisemansoji

wisemansoji Senior Member

i gotta b16a2 and i'm wondering how I can get my spects to the civic typr r engine of 185hp. Whats the difernce between that engine and mine. I know it has higher compression pistons and better cams, If i got civic type r cams and pistons would my engine have the same specs as a civic type r, Plus I have spoon header and skunk 2 cam gears. i use 91 octane in my car now if I put in civic type r pistons would I have to use a higher octane. like 94.

2. turbo4dr

turbo4dr Member

that is about it but there also might be valve springs and retainers to go with it. Since it is a little higher revin motor. Ecu might also make some what of a dif. You would probably be alright with 91 octane with some mild tuning like vafc or fields

3. word

word Senior Member

well if you're wondering the b16a blocks and the b16b blocks are different.

along with the cams, pistons, and the valve springs/retainers, the CTR heads come with a factory port and polish job, the intake manifolds are different and the throttle body is bigger on the CTR.

91 octane will be fine with your new setup.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted