What's the estimated value of this setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spectacle

I have an opprotunity to buy this setup and was wondering what other people would pay for it. Assume its all in good working condition. No clue about mileage...

- Ls block
- Si pistons
- new water pump
- new oil pump
- new spoon sports headgasket
- new headbolts
- new timing belt
- new oil pan
- type R head
- new valve guides
- jun type II intake cam
- itr exhaust cam
- Accel 255cc injectors
- titan motorsports cam gears
- dc sports 4-1 jdm ceramic header
- ls tranny
- toda flywheel
- stock axles
- wiring harness
- mounts
- skunk ecu

its a local sale so i'll be seeing it in person whats a ballpark figure to piece a setup like this together?

look up the prices, add all that stuff up, and offer him 50% but dont go higher then 75%,roughly at a quick glance ball park figure i would say low of 2300, high of 3000, and be sure to tell him there is no way to prove that it is a true type R head, it could be a B16 head, its the same casting. plus the LS tranny really boggs down the price. around here we can get LS tranny's for like 2-300 bucks

- Ls block - 200
- Si pistons - 75
- new water pump - 50
- new oil pump - 80
- new spoon sports headgasket - 125
- new headbolts - 30
- new timing belt - 50
- new oil pan -120
- type R head - 400
- new valve guides -35
- jun type II intake cam - ? maybe 350
- itr exhaust cam - 200
- Accel 255cc injectors - 160
- titan motorsports cam gears - 100
- dc sports 4-1 jdm ceramic header - 325?
- ls tranny - 200
- toda flywheel - 200
- stock axles - 125
- wiring harness - 85
- mounts - for what vehicle? HASPORT, wat kind? I say 150 max for oem, if Hasport, 350
- skunk ecu - again, what obd? and how do you know its a skunk ecu, anyway, 225 for a skunk p30 obd1 ecu

Probably worth about 3500 if its brand new, OEM factory replacement oil and water pumps and gaskets. I'd offer 2000 to 2500, but not more than that.

yea even though the parts add up to a decent amount, no matter what people tell you you have to assume they beat on it, and if you buy it from him you get no warranty, is it in his car right now if it is, i would ask to drive it around, and dont just take it for a quick spin around the block, but go for a good decently long drive trying different things out, if its out of the car on the ground its kinda tough to say, and everyone always says "it was running when it came out". If its only been sitting on their garage floor then it should still run, so why dont they just say "it runs"

Back