whats the most boost on a D16z6?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gettocrx

Hey guys! I got a D16z6 in my CRX. I'm running 9psi on my t3 turbo with fmu/link. My question is what is the usual times do people hit @ the drags with this motor (stock)? I'm hitting mid 14s now, but want to break at least 13's. what can I do to get more power besides internals?? Up the boost (whats safe? max on a T3)??

the tires I'm using is 195/55/15 yokahamas NS ES100 on 97 GSR rims. and i just got Azenis sport 195/60/14 and running it on steelies.

my best time was 14.5 on a 00 civic EX. street crapy ass tires too.

i think u can hit 13s easily with stock internals, get slicks

VTC_CIVIC got 242WHP out of an LS running 10psi on a .50trim T3. That T3 will be able to push 15-17psi EASILY for that Z6 motor IFF you can properly manage the airflow / boost. FMU will not cut it for 15psi.

If you insist on keeping the FMU, try getting a MSD BTM so that you can retard timing as boost increases. a FMU and BTM would probably be good for at least a couple pounds more. FMU+BTM will be asking for trouble past 12psi.

why don't you consider moving over to TurboEdit, Uberdata or Hondata and tuning it? You'll get a lot more power (safely) out of that turbo if you can control timing going into boost. Lack of ignition retard in boost is the main thing limiting your boost levels / power production in the current setup.

oh yeah, you'll probably want to start thinking about rods much past 12psi / 225 WHP (whichever comes first) cause you'll snap one like a twig if your tuning isn't perfect.

Back