What's the most HP possible from D16Y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

randyfoy

I have a '96 Civic DX(D16Y7) and wanted to know how much HP is even possible in the engine? Thanks

Randy

Well, I'm really not sure. Is it even worth modifying, or should I just swap the motor and then worry about it.

Randy

your motor could take 2000 horsepower if you put 65 pounds of boots in it. but, it would only last one maybe two seconds before exploding.

swap it out

Originally posted by convertedstangbanger@Jul 28 2003, 11:56 AM
your motor could take 2000 horsepower if you put 65 pounds of boots in it. but, it would only last one maybe two seconds before exploding.

swap it out

:withstupid:

When it comes to hp figures it is about how much $$$ you have, I have seen 1.6's running 10's on FI and I have seen 1.5's run 10's on motor. Anything can be done but the question is what do you plan on having after your project is done. Do you want Ac, Ps, daily driver, autocrosser,,etc etc....what do you want out of your ride.

Milan

Well, According to the Honda high performance book by joe pettit i looked out your question and this is what i came across! 1.6 dx if the motor is healthy you could get 45 to 50% more power.... hope i could help!

Back