1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the mounting depth of door speakers on a 94-97 accord

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by Skiefer, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Skiefer

Skiefer New Member

What's the mounting depth of door speakers on a 94-97 accord?

2. TommyTheCat

TommyTheCat Gonzo Scientist

On the stock door speaker, or for aftermarket? With the factory mounts you dont have much more than 2 inches of depth, but you can cut the back off unless you're going to make mdf rings.

Using a 3/4"mdf ring or the cut door mount you can go to about 2.5-2.7" of depth. More than that and you'll need to space out the mount from the door with plastic spacers or more mdf rings.

3. d17type-R

d17type-R Doc Brown says

:D I remeber that there should be, as with most of the "H" logos of that era, an opaque white basket, that once you pull of the door panel, using a pick, a screwdriver, and a window cranck removal tool if necessary, there's 4 screws that hold it in.... remove it and either using an air recip. saw or just a set of snips.... cut out the back section of the basket..... this should give you ample clearnace for MOST midrange sepakers....(I fit a set of Focal 6.5's)...... message me for any other brain pickers
    Cheers
    dbadct@hotmail.com

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted