Whats up? New kid on the block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well if that is the case then there must be NO logical reason to put an Integra engine in a Civic. Because, well, they weigh "almost" the same... :bash::ufucktard:

not valid point, the crv allready is awd and b-series, im just saying both shells - awd components and motor/trans would weigh very similar, it would be different if we were just talking about motor swapping his car, but we are talking about doing custom fabrication front to rear, it would be much easier and cost efficient just too build a 5-speed crv, going from d-series to b-series has a ton of various gains not only in performance but aftermarket support, depending on what your wanting too do, me personally , I think its stupid too chop up a cheap 90s econobox just too make it awd, when theres allready a affordable candidate with the exact same power plant and running gear hes wanting, hes going too need a awd 5-speed donor car too begin with, keep it simple stupid

Last edited:
I don't think the OP came to hear why you think this is a bad idea. Consider that a warning. An awd mt CR-V weighs over 3200lb. A b series 99' si weighs 2600 lb. The AWD components of a CR-V: Drive shaft, diff, axles, rear chassis bracing... Weigh in at under 150 lb. (I can tell you that for a 2013 cr-v, an AWD model is only 115 lb heaver than a fwd model). That means a civic with a cr-v drivetrain is at LEAST 450lb lighter. That is a massive weight loss.

Welcome aboard, enjoy your stay! Lots of knowledge and great information here, soak it up!

Don't mind dickskate

I don't think the OP came to hear why you think this is a bad idea. Consider that a warning. An awd mt CR-V weighs over 3200lb. A b series 99' si weighs 2600 lb. The AWD components of a CR-V: Drive shaft, diff, axles, rear chassis bracing... Weigh in at under 150 lb. (I can tell you that for a 2013 cr-v, an AWD model is only 115 lb heaver than a fwd model). That means a civic with a cr-v drivetrain is at LEAST 450lb lighter. That is a massive weight loss.

noted, wish he would post pics of his car already

I do agree I was out of line saying his idea was stupid, but you and I both know, whats the chances of it actually happening ? alot of new members on here talk hopes and dreams, but how many build threads actually end up getting made from them, shit id be happy too see a greenhorn ls swapping something and posting it up asking for misc help

I have a new idea... an awful idea. An awful *wonderful* idea. :)

awd10.jpg

Alright, sorry i have been silent for the past few weeks... Almost a month... anyways news is in. AWD Civic is under way. once my phone charges up i will give pictures of the two cars. Due to budget and location constraints the swap will begin in two weeks.

Goal:
AWD B20 civic AND FWD d16 CR-V.

Little more info about the two cars in current state:

98 civic lx
auto to manual swap and a y7/y8 engine, everything else stock

99 CR-V
Manual, non V-TEC, Has 3in exhaust for some reason....

Pics will be up by midnight.

Upload the pictures.

I think I made an image detailing how to do it at some point. I'll see if I can find it.

You probably have to have a regular account to attach pictures. Post a few more times and then try.

You have to post a few more times, even if its just a bump to remove green horn status. That or PM B to have him remove you.

Saw the other thread. Hope we get to see this thing come together. Where are you located anyway? I'd love to lend a hand if you need it, or have someone help with a 5spd swap in my Integra, haha.

Cant attach pic but if you stumble on the the build thread is here:https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/big-plans-i-smell-awd-civic-526424/#post1792673

And the pictures are here:D-series.org

Enjoy :D

You probably have to have a regular account to attach pictures. Post a few more times and then try.

You have to post a few more times, even if its just a bump to remove green horn status. That or PM B to have him remove you.

Saw the other thread. Hope we get to see this thing come together. Where are you located anyway? I'd love to lend a hand if you need it, or have someone help with a 5spd swap in my Integra, haha.

Ok, removed the n00b status. You should be able to attach pictures now. :thumbsup:

Back