Whats Up!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol96

I have a gsr block and type r head. Will this work together or will there be side affects? My buddy has just tried this and we can not get it to run right. It seems like it will not stay timed! But no check engine lights? Help is needed! :worthy:

What is the advantage with a type r head over the stock gsr head, or will there be one at all? :huh: Also what about running a mugen thined head gasket, could this be an issue of not running right?

Well some people say that the ITR/b16's heads flow better than the GSR's, but the GSR has a wedged combustion chamber raising compression. ITR head on GSR block is really the same as an ITR motor almost, it is considered a poor mans' itr motor, with a little less compression. You should be running 9.8:1 compression with the ITR head on the stock gsr block, or roughly around there.

Now back to the flow characteristics of the GSR vs. ITR/b16 head. I believe TOO did a flow comparison of the two. I think the GSR outperformed the ITR down low and the ITR flowed a little more up top over the GSR or it might be the other way around, i can't seem to remember for sure. Also the ITR head flows a little more than the stock b16a head since it is slightly polished up from the factory.

Milan

Originally posted by delsol96@Jun 23 2003, 03:52 PM
Also what about running a mugen thined head gasket, could this be an issue of not running right?

that would not be a problem, what do you mean not running right? and you still didn't answer my first question. maybe your timing belt is 1 tooth off on your cam sprockets? make sure everything lines up at TDC.

We have checked it many times. He has an ss unorthadox crank pulley and we have taken out plug number one to even check if the marks mean the number one piston lines up with the mark on the pully. Everything lines up. He also has toda cam gears and the white marks, and settings all line up! We have checked spark, o.k, What about a blown head gasket, or leaking?

Back