whats vibrating your eardrums?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ive been on the whole sludge/stoner doom kick for a while.

The Sword
Electric Wizard
Sleep
Bongzilla
Atomic Bitchwax

Just to name a few, just real heavy slow riffs.

Love that video.

You guys will probably hate on me, but I've honestly been really into EDM for the last 6 months to a year. C89.5 in my area plays some great upbeat music. A lot of the times it's the same stuff, but when I'm driving around delivering in the greater Snohomish/King county area having upbeat fun music to listen to keeps me in a lot better mood than heavier rock music. Otherwise I just get too annoyed at all the idiots on our roads.

Last edited:
i get in the mood for edm every once in a while.
sometimes, its just the right kind of pick me up

there are a lot more metal/hardcore guys than i thought here.

i think the closest thing to that i rock currently is static-x. still one of my fav metal groups.
i was always more into the numetal of the 90's though. still a big korn fan, and enjoy when my random play tosses out a Switched song.

off subject, was on a big Eagles kick not too long ago. my wife finds humor in some of the bands i get stuck on.

Don't get me wrong, I love some good hardcore rock/metal. But I just never really get the opportunity to listen to it anymore. At least not as often as I used to.

make the opportunity for it. I wish my local rock station didn't go corporate and lightened things up. Not that they were super heavy but better than the other stations in the area.

Here's an older song I just heard recently.
Sevendust Angel's Son - YouTube

i get in the mood for edm every once in a while.
sometimes, its just the right kind of pick me up

there are a lot more metal/hardcore guys than i thought here.

i think the closest thing to that i rock currently is static-x. still one of my fav metal groups.
i was always more into the numetal of the 90's though. still a big korn fan, and enjoy when my random play tosses out a Switched song.

off subject, was on a big Eagles kick not too long ago. my wife finds humor in some of the bands i get stuck on.
I love the Eagles, haha.

I'm extremely eclectic. I listen to musics from the last 50-60 years. But most of what I don't listen to, I really, truly hate. I don't get my generations fascination with techno.

"It's electronica/dub stub/drum and bass!!"

No. It's the same shitty techno people listened to years ago.

Stations on my Pandora-

1. Slipknot Radio- Get's me my fix of things like Static-X and System of a Down and such

2. Volbeat Radio- This one get's interesting when they try to play other music "like" them. There is nothing like them. I added Rob Zombie, Rammstein, and a few others so that its somewhat consistent.

3. Pepper Radio- Chill station. Also added Rebelution, Iration, Slightly Stoopid, and the Dirty Heads.

4. Punk Radio- Old school stuff like the Ramones, Cockney Rejects, Sex Pistols, etc.

5. Rockabilly Radio- Yup. Mostly the old stuff like Johnny Cash, but it mixes in some new school too.

6. Rap Radio- Fort Minor, Eminem, Bad meets Evil. Very specific. I don't care for most rap.

7. 80s Rock Radio- Hair bands, plus the Eagles and Rush.

8. Rock Radio- Linkin Park, Offspring, 311, Less than Jake.

I'm all over the place. Some stations I don't play for months, then I'll listen to only that station for 2 months. Or I'll change it 4 times on one drive depending on my mood.

I don't think there's anything weird about some good classic rock. When I'm out in the garage i listen to all my dads old vinyl and I've been stuck on the doobie bros for a while now
Specifically this album
20130413_094216.jpg

Between that and the queen, AC/DC, bob seager, led zeppelin ect...it makes for some good listening. Lots of childhood memories in those songs, its the shot i grew up on

Last edited:
Back