whats with spoilers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
aww. nice ending guys.

Just throwin this out there, EVO isn't limited to Mitsu. Mercedes Benz made an 190E EVO II. Bad ass car. As far as the spoilers go, i'd rather put a spoiler on my trunk than have a big turd on it. just sayin.

Some cars should have them and some shouldnt, depends on the look. Personally i like my teg without the spoiler but a custom restyled stock one would be cool.

just gonna have to say i love turbo mirages car, and since no one pointed it out, the EVO when it was like an evo 3 or 4 was based on the mirage not the lancer, it wasnt until it came to america that it was the Lancer evolution, yeah theyre all the same but it was specifically based on the mirage, so for a fully converted early evo i like it. On to the main topic, spoilers on your average fwd are purely for looks, im doing a type R spoiler on my RSX just for looks, but obviously if theyre being used on lots of cars, they do serve a purpose, maybe not as obvious as if it was on a RWD car, but like someone said, theres no weight on the back end of a FWD car, so having a combo of down force up front and in the back for the perfect ratio would most certainly benefit you. I know im new but i think that sounds pretty accurate

just gonna have to say i love turbo mirages car, and since no one pointed it out, the EVO when it was like an evo 3 or 4 was based on the mirage not the lancer, it wasnt until it came to america that it was the Lancer evolution, yeah theyre all the same but it was specifically based on the mirage, so for a fully converted early evo i like it. On to the main topic, spoilers on your average fwd are purely for looks, im doing a type R spoiler on my RSX just for looks, but obviously if theyre being used on lots of cars, they do serve a purpose, maybe not as obvious as if it was on a RWD car, but like someone said, theres no weight on the back end of a FWD car, so having a combo of down force up front and in the back for the perfect ratio would most certainly benefit you. I know im new but i think that sounds pretty accurate

wrong again... lancer evo shared the mirage chassis for 10 years. evo1 - evo6.5 TME
the only reason its not called a lancer is because dodge held the namesake until 2002.

wrong again... lancer evo shared the mirage chassis for 10 years. evo1 - evo6.5 TME
the only reason its not called a lancer is because dodge held the namesake until 2002.
lol i was close, i knew it was a mirage chasis, the actual time it became a lancer i knew id be a little off i have a friend who did the same thing and made an EVO 3, wouldnt 2002 be the time we got the EVO's though? i dont know how far back they go in america, all ive ever seen here was the EVO VIII

2002 is correct. thats when the last of the 02LS coupes/sedans were sold and the 6G lancer ES/LS/OZ/EVO8 were brought in.

they were still making 5G mirage/lancers when the E7 was being produced on the 6G chassis.

You know, I am lost in this whole thing here. First it starts off as spoilers are dumb, next is bashing a beautiful car that has time into it then some riced out civic getting made fun of and his Suba who car and him proving something then evo discussion. My head hurts just thinking on how to type this.

Hey turbomirage, do you have that car geared well for autox??? Do you have bad turbo lag at all with that or tuned for quick small boost??? What kind of tires you have for traction on that beast???

Spoilers now, I believe he is just smashing on the people who have a fart can on there car and a large aluminum wing to think they are fast and that is all that is done to there car. Some people took way out of control at the beginning and I am with him on the stupid wings that make the cars look fast/ stupid but dont surve a purpose for the fact they dont race but got to high school every day and talk to there loser friends who tell fake race stories.

mazdaman, its 1.5L SOHC n/a with headwork and bolt-ons. suffering from really bad rings right now and ive got a built for turbo motor ready to go in when it finally goes up in smoke.

its equipped to corner like the pros. its running hankook ventus 225/50r15 slicks. i have a link in my sig detailing what is on the car at its present time.

ahhhh i c. slicks dam. I have Falken azenis on mine 205/40/16 just enough for the time but need slicks to keep up to a Z06 cuz I cant beat him any more now that he has slicks for autox.

on most small courses you shouldnt need anything more than azenis to keep up with powerful RWD cars.

my car is pretty quick. its light as hell, lighter than stock. its a dream autox car but perfect for daily driving and fun, plus i can carry 4 passengers to and from the bar, comfortably.

No pics of the engine? I'm just curious as I haven't seen a twin-turbo H4 yet(although in theory it would be better than running those long exhaust plumbing).

Anyways, yes spoilers do serve a purpose on FWD cars. May not be for the same purpose on some of the street cars you see, but they help with braking and cornering. A lot of the BTCC FWD cars and some GRM(SCCA, NASA, etc.) race cars run spoilers on their FWD car.

i understand how they help with cars that are actually legitimately raced i wasnt trying to start bashing on his car from what ive read its apparently a beast. i was pissed off cause i was leaving school and some jackass ricer got me pulled over cause he had his fuglybody kit, a wing to reach the moon, and vynal shit; doing the gay ass hand on 10 oclock leaning over to his right with his hand on his automatic shifter or what ever the hell its called( long night) started throwing revs with his fart can and so the cop thought o we must be racing lets pull the kid over who didnt give it hell at the stop light:angry:

fast and the furious started this freeking rocket ship trend..

and i hate it with a passion

i totally agree.. i dont hate all wings and spoilers tho, just the nasty ass oversize ugly fucking ones from autozone that ppl just slap on their trunks cause they look so cool! bahhhhhhh :mad:

:tfg: I'm sorry that suck i hate that crap. I'm the president of a car club and our number one rule is no street racing and no drawing attention. we race at the track in pueblo. no light to light bullshit. cause then we get heat from the cops and get a bad rep for doing so. so that why when the little dude in a kia that went and bought all the little 3m stick on shit from autozone pulls up reving his automatic in neutral we just laugh and let him take off from the light like an idiot and get himself pulled over for being a complete fast and the furious wanna be jack ass

No pics of the engine? I'm just curious as I haven't seen a twin-turbo H4 yet(although in theory it would be better than running those long exhaust plumbing).

sorry no more then what i showed there. It's my sleeper. don't like to show under my hood on it. but it's a EJ20TT swap. lots LOTS LOTS of work to get that right lol. But the shell is a Bottom line 06 legacy. got the front mount intercooler hidden with stock grill so no need for the hood scoop for the usual top mount subaru intercooler. and no spoiler. looks like your typical n/a subie. OR IS IT ?:rolleyes: there are too many people in town trying to find exactly what is in it for me to post up pics of the engine in all it's glory. i will say that i have about 10-12k under the hood alone though. not a cheap swap but very well worth it.

Last edited:
:tfg: I'm sorry that suck i hate that crap. I'm the president of a car club and our number one rule is no street racing and no drawing attention. we race at the track in pueblo. no light to light bullshit. cause then we get heat from the cops and get a bad rep for doing so. so that why when the little dude in a kia that went and bought all the little 3m stick on shit from autozone pulls up reving his automatic in neutral we just laugh and let him take off from the light like an idiot and get himself pulled over for being a complete fast and the furious wanna be jack ass

yea i hear ya...i always get lifted trucks revving their chevy deisels at me at stoplights.. then they have to pull into a gas station! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back