Whats Wrong With My BOV??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

Well i made junkyard turbo setup for my del sol. Most of the charge pipes are from dsm. Except the elbow where the stock 1g dsm bov sits its made of metal. The bov is a 1g of a Talon. And well it hardly makes any noise. My friends eclipse automatic is a 2g and his bov is plastic and sound hard. Mine is metal and sounds nothing at all. Im pushing 8lbs of boost and when i rev it the bov just gushes alot of air out but makes no noise??

Well i havent heard any dsm 1g bovs, but i wanted to know if these bov make no noise at all. Could the 2g bov is loud just because they are made out of plastic sound hard??

Originally posted by hondamidnighter@Oct 2 2004, 04:54 PM
when i rev it the bov just gushes alot of air out but makes no noise
[post=397542]Quoted post[/post]​

What is it supposed to do?

If the noise matters so much that you'd re-weld a DSM 2g, bling out and buy a TurboXS or Greddy Type-S BOV. Another option is to put a horn or wistle to your BOV's exhaust port. I know someone sells them on ebay somewhere...

If you are really junkyard, then weld a section of pipe to the end of your BOV exhaust port.

when you rev it? LMAO of course it won't make any sound.

hondas, and most MAP cars (DMS = MAF) will NOT make boost without engine loud.

unless you're moving/putting load on the front wheels, you're not going to boost

The 1st gen bov I sold my friend whistles pretty loud on his teg.

But yeah what B said is true, hondas aren't like DSM's which can boost in neutral or with out a load on the engine.

Back