Whats wrong With My friends Engine??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

My friend recently messtup his d16 vtec on his del sol and got it replaced by a 1.5 supposingly vtec. But as i have seen some 1.5 vtec they have a Vtec solenoid around the back of the head. Well his head has a spot were there is a triangle shape and 2 holes were screws go in. Inside the triangle there is a empty spot. Is this engine really vtec? Or they screwed my friend?

No it doesnt look like the Hmotors... it is a polished silver top that says Honda 16 valves. The engine block says , D15B. My friend had told the shop that he wanted a replacement engine and they had told him that they had one but not d16z6. They told him they had a d15b and that is faster than the d16z6. So my friend said yes for the price of 800 installed. So on the head there is no Vtec soleniod? Because the triangle is empty where supposingly the d16z6 has the vtec solenoid.

Originally posted by driverunknown@Aug 30 2004, 04:47 PM
? Where is the oil cap located?l Is it colser to the passenger side or closer to the driver side?
[post=383905]Quoted post[/post]​

Drivers Side... :)

on all the D-series engines I've seen if the plugs are toward the back of the valve cover it's non-vtec.

Back