Whats wrong with my lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

treysawyers19

I have a very annoying problem. whenever i turn on my headlights on at night time, my headlights flicker a bit. it would slightly dim then brighten then dim again but it would never fully turn off. at first i thought it was just the head lights but i can see the same thing happening in the gauge cluster and my radio. i have a 98 honda civic dx and i really want to know what this is because i just bought an 99 B18b1 ls motor and tranny that i want to swap in very soon and i wanted to know if anyone had this problem and what it is?

obvously sumthing with your lighting circuit. does itonly happen at idle or does it happen at higher rpm's (1500+) ? i dono if you civic has one but on ur dumby lights do u have a battery light that wil turn on when u start the car? if there is one does it come on at all when the lights flicker? like my car the alt is shot, and at idle the battery light is dimly on, not fully bright but its on. see if that happens. if not i think u might have some extra load on your circuit. id get an DVOM and check your circut. start from the fuse and work your way around. Good luck
Tyler

What is a DVOM. i only notice it when im driving in pitch black areas. no battery lights come on in the car and my battery is new anyway. someone said it might be a bad altenator. my car is pretty much stock except for some new front and back speakers with no amp but its has a stock radio. so i dont know what could cause the overload in the system. would connecting the speakers wrong cause this problem?

a DVOM is a Didgital Volt Ohm Meter, there GREAT to have, u can pick one up at sears for like 80 for one that will be good enough. i highly recomend getin one. but no if you connected the speakers wrong then that wouldnt cause it. that would just cause the speakers not to work. do u notice anything like, they dim when u hit bums? or when u decell?

it just does it, it is so annoying i thought i was seeing things when i noticed but my friends and my cousin noticed to. it happens soon after i turn the lights on. i thought maybe there is a voltage regulator somewhere that might have gone bad

Back