Whats wrong with my suspension?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRVTEC EG

Quick question guys.....my car is very hard to control on the highway while accelerating(and no, im not spinning all over the highway :p ), the car will go any direction it wants to, the car doesn't react to the steering wheel until a certain point then it turns very quicky........maybe this is a bad description but any help would be great...........the car is a 92 hatch lowered on progress springs without a camber kit.........

I was thinking that the car might me out of alignment but my friend thinks something in the suspension is worn out.

thanks again
steve

Definitely check wear and tear.

The EG does have progressive steering- it turns very slow for about the first quarter turn in each direction, then the steering rate picks up a good bit. I doubt it's the cause of your problem, but it's something to remember.

you prob got somthign bent and your camber and toe is gonna be off if its lowered. your casters off if somthgins bent and it will wander get it checked out by an alignment shop

a bad steering rack maybe ???

get it realigned, that is the first thing, when you lower a car you start to mess with toe-in and alignment, these will cause the car to swerve or react as if it has a mind of its own. after that you still have a problem, it could be something else, but before you go overboard with all these other possible issues, get the darn thing realigned. good luck yo

Back