Whats Wrong With This World

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
Ok, this was in my paper today in the "Ask Amy."

Dear Amy: I am writing this for my wife, who is afraid of suffering repercussions at work. She works in a professional office with about 30 people.

One of my wifes coworkers insists on keeping a bowl full of chocolate candies in a common area. The temptation has proved too much for my wife, and she succumbs to eating an average of three pieces of candy a day.

She has asked her colleague to move the candy, but he refused. I will continue to love my wife regardless, but I think this office candy situation is potentially detrimental to her health.

I am so sick of the lack of personal responsibility in this country. Its always someone elses fault. If I was the coworker I would put out even more candy. Don't eat the candy, see a therapist, go to gym, or join Jenny Craig.

I know I drink too much soda, usually 5-6 sodas a day. Am I suing anyone or blaming the beverage industry for any side effects it might give me, no. I am on my own for slowing down.

This has made me want candy...and soda. I blame you now.

We have people like this at my work. They have to avoid the area all together to not eat the candy. If they even get a wif of the donuts they're jogging down the hall to get one.

Politely told her that she was a fucking idiot and that society already caters to idiots enough the way it is and that she can't expect her coworker to also do the same.

those 3 pieces of chocolate may be the only thing she looks forward to every day.
Agreed. Sounds like no one is "releasing her serotonin (etc.)" at home.
We have people like this at my work. They have to avoid the area all together to not eat the candy. If they even get a wif of the donuts they're jogging down the hall to get one.
At least they're jogging.

Back