What's your beater?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My 1986 CRX will be my summer car after the swap while the 2001 Pontiac Sunfire is the winter beater. :)

my advice is you can't beat the $100 cars...

i had some puke mustard color datsun station wagon 5speed with only 80K original miles, and a 1980 tercel, auto

last winter's beater was my 86 crx which has since got a swap, so this winter i have a 91 mazda 4x4...

the tercel is a great piece of shit car to smack around trees and run through the fields and forests... be wary of jumps though, rear shocks blew through the sheet metal... scissor jack bolted to the top and jacked all the way to keep it from rattling all over the place...
ooh and that had 2 8 inch wide yellow racing stripes on a rather horrible black paint job... funniest piece of shit i ever drove... with blue fog lights and a blue licensce plate frame, i thought it was THE SHIT...

got it for a hundred bucks and beat the hell out of it, always started every time, even in the dead of winter... drivers seat had wood holding it up, overheated going up hills, and on the last field run before it got donated the rear brake lines exploded causing catastrophic(sp?) results... damn rusted metal lines..

89 crx si. You should buy a 4th gen civic hatch for like 500 bucks or less. They are really cheap to maintain.

89 dodge colt! dented, rusty, burns oil like mofo and tranny got fucked from when sister drove it so you can say my beater is my civic

'90 CRX Si-Summer car
'88 CRX Dx-old car/parts car
'81 Toyota Cressida worst winter car ever.Inline 6 with rearwheel Drive sucks ass in the winter.

94 Mazda MPV. :D

Its nice to have a beater like the crx when you have a huge truck that gets 14 mpg. I like being able to leave that in parking lots and having to worry about door dings or if I can find a space I can fit into. I had to leave the liquor store on NYE because I couldn't fit into any of the spaces.

Back