Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My boss is dead next week.

• I just farted.

• I know what a day old can of tuna smells li

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

print magazines at night 7-7 sun mon tues night,

thurs and sat night I run the lights at the biggest club in NH, free drinks are my friend, I love free time

I work currently at a grocery store in the service deli, making a lousy 7.55 hr. 24 hrs a week translates to about 150 a week. I am a full time student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, and as soon as school ends, I'll be getting my waiting job in pismo. That is about 150 a night avg tips plus wages. I'll also be going full time with the grocery store in the morning, so I'll be pretty busy saving money so I can go on an IB super duper shopping spree,build my b16, and buy maasey's amp and sub if he hasn't sold it by then. :)

Well, since everyone is talking cash mine income comes out to about $40 an hour, I get paid cash, at $1500 a week. I sometimes work less/more hours a week, but if you treat it like a 9-5 job it is $40/hour. I have been thinking about going to bartending school for some extra cash and get a house a lot quiker. I knew a former High school teacher of mine did it while he was going through college and made $300-$400 a night in tips, I think I could handle working two days a week more at that rate.

i work at the schofield commissary...for you non-military people, thats like the safeway on a military base, and the groceries are suuuuper cheap. I bag groceries for a living, and they do not pay me one cent!!! but we work off tips, and on an average day i make about 15 bucks an hour on tips...and because they dont pay us, we can make up our hours, so i can come in whenever i want, and leave whenever i want...and i can take a two hour smoke break without anybody bitching at me...my job rules!!!

Originally posted by gomezkun@Jun 4 2004, 12:22 AM
I am also a student working on my degree to become an Automotive Technician.

Is that a 2 year degree?

M.E. student at state. I hate it with a passion but I have no intention of quitting and letting this program beat me.

I also sell kitchen knives on the side so if anyone in san diego wants to help me out by letting me see someone they know 25 or older, that'd b tight, thanks.
Now this job I love, 18 dollars an appointment even if they dont buy (which is basically an hour) or commision if its higher and I work when I want. :D

CPN

Certified Computer Nerd :lol:

Currently, doing Intranet Applications Development.... just got a 5k raise to bump me to 45k

and well, after Reading frankie's post, i'm about to quit and start moving dairy products.

F- it. 45k is pretty good money when you're 24 and still living at home with mom. lol

Aircraft Structural Maintenance, pretty much i do all the body work on a plane and aerospace ground equipment. from corrosion, to painting, to fiberglass, to fabricating sheet metal to making decals... USAF!

I'm a receptionist / assistant to the CEO of a health insurance company. It pays pretty well, and it's decent here, but some of the higher-ups are just fucking morons. :blink:

I work in IT doing software design. Currently working on asset management database. Work is alright, pay is great, and its in NYC so I can always...

a. get drunk
b. check out hot girls
c. get good food
d. buy cool stuff
e. all of the above

I gues I like my job. But I'm sick of the fucking city. There's too many people here all the fucking time!!! You just start to feel like you can't breathe some times. I need to move out to the country where the folk are nice, and everything is cheaper.....but for now, its NYC.

Work in an architect's office as a project manager. Pay is decent, city I work in is awesome. Been here for 5 years, probably be here for another 5. Not the best job in the world, but it's steady and pays the bills.

Double duty Mailroom/Receptionist at MCI. Alot of work, but not difficult at all. It's a temp position for the moment, but they've renewed my 6 month contract 3 times... I guess they want to keep me. :) Even though it's a temp job, I make double what I've made anywhere else. :D

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 4 2004, 04:40 AM
CPN

Certified Computer Nerd :lol:

Currently, doing Intranet Applications Development.... just got a 5k raise to bump me to 45k

and well, after Reading frankie's post, i'm about to quit and start moving dairy products.

F- it. 45k is pretty good money when you're 24 and still living at home with mom. lol

lmao, you are a leech :p
nerd. ha

j/k

work as a country club as a cart attendent (wash/drift carts, bs with members, clean clubs)

I love the job, and make GREAT money for someone 18, but lately, my boss has been gay, and hasn't been giving me many hours.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 4 2004, 12:37 PM
but lately, my boss has been gay, and hasn't been giving me many hours.

So who's your boss been giving the hours to? Can the members request your services ahead of time? Ask them to ask for you by name when they make their appointments for greens times. Just a thought.

Accountant...

tax season blows, but the rest of the year is spent on hondaswap and buying parts online...

and OldE, i'm about 2 hours from the city if you wanna come see what the country is like...
when i graduated i had to choose NYC and $$$$ or country and $$...
i went with the laid back country life... can't beat it

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Jun 4 2004, 12:47 PM-->
asmallsol
@Jun 4 2004, 12:37 PM
but lately, my boss has been gay, and hasn't been giving me many hours.

So who's your boss been giving the hours to? Can the members request your services ahead of time? Ask them to ask for you by name when they make their appointments for greens times. Just a thought.

It's not cadding, so there's no apointments. When the players get done with a round, I clean there clubs, talk to them a little bit, then go and put there clubs away in the bag room and clean there carts.

My boss isn't really the brightest guy, and to top it off, he has NO backbone. The WORST worker on staff is the Head Professional's son. He does a SHITTY job at everything he does, but my boss still gives him plenty of hours becaues he is basicly afraid of the pro. Then the other employee, nick, gets a decent amount of hours but also does a very shitty job, but my boss is affraid to confront him.

What really pisses me off is nick has been there for one more year then me. When I first started, he would joke around and say how I'm horrible at this and that, and my boss being so dumb, almost believes it. I have tryed my best for the past 6 months or so to prove him wrong. IMO, I am the best worker there. All the guys that have been there for a while (5+ years) all are capable of doing good work, but are just sick of the same job, so they turn lazy. I have nothing but postive compliments from all the golfers, and I work my ass off more then any other worker there.

And the reason why I say my boss is retarded is because, well, he's a no-nothing loser. He was hired in about 4 years ago as a assistant for the old boss. After a bunch of shit, the head pro was about to fire him. He would call in sick all the time, show up extremly late, smoke pot on the course after the golfers would leave, ect. I have even been there once when he got wasted on the clock. During the middle of last year, the pro was going to fire him at years end. About October, the old boss went up to the bar, slipped the bar tender a 10, and the bar tender poured him a cranberry juice and vodka drink. Right as he was doing that, the General Manager walked by. The GM followed him down to his office, and pretty much fired him on the spot. They needed a replacement, and it was retard to the rescue.

i was a cart boy at a few local courses back in the day...
that job was the SHIT...
best time i ever had at a job...

and then the cart mechanic had to go for surgery so i got promoted to golf cart mechanic... but still did cart boy shit for the tips...

working on golf carts was a blast, easy as hell to fix...
the stories i could tell you guys

that was my first body repair experience...
we hosted a lot of gatherings/confrences...
firemen from LI were the WORST...
kegs on tap all over the course...
drunk skunks would rip tires off the carts by driving too close to trees, one guy flew down a hill and wrapped the front of the cart AROUND a tree... another guy was driving with his buddy and went through a rather HUGE ditch...
well his buddy flew out of the cart and landed on the ground, sat up real quick and was yelling, yeaaaaaa i saved my beer...

golf carts make good mud boggers too...

Back