What's your laptop?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Asus EEE PC.

Use my ipad 90% of the time. My desktop the other 9% and maybe .5% on the Asus and .5% on my wife's MacBook.

Asus EEE 1215b (E350 Fusion based)

Desktop is 95% of computer use. EEE for travel.

Yes, and they'll let me run linux on a mac :)

mah-nigga-gif.gif

I've been using a Dell Latitude E6430 running Windows 8. I only recently installed 8 on it though.

We've started to install Server 2012 on some of our new servers and I really needed to start getting used to the new look and feel of Windows.

As I said in the Christmas thread, I just got a Surface Pro 2 and am looking forward to not using the laptop much anymore.

I seem to be holding on to Win 7 like I held onto WinXP... I just don't like the new Windows interface. I know you can turn it off (for now), but still.

I resisted every other major computer thing and eventually caved though... ICQ/AIM (I thought the whole 'instant message' thing would never take off, lost out on a low ID number from that), Steam (WON forever! Also missed out on a super duper low SteamID from that), Bitcoin (in 2010 I thought it would never take off and made a concious decision not to get involved back then... I'd be retired now if I had), etc.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate laptops but i have one for work that i am forced to use... IBM Lenovo T510 Win 7 Core I5. It was around $1400+ new when they got them...im sure now they are worthless cause that was 3 years ago.

Windows XP was great and IMO windows 7 is better. Windows 8 is a total piece of shit.

Windows 7 is solid it's windows XP but cleaned up and more stable. Windows 8 is a cluster fuck. You have apps now as with a mix of programs. You can use the desk top but anytime you open things it relaunches the windows tiles. There's no more x or - now the programs always run unless you click up top and drag it straight down. It really is a tablet/phone OS being forced to run on a desktop.

I use windows 8 at work. I hate hate hate it.

we're going to start rolling 8.1 out to our users beginning of 2Q. it's been pretty solid for the test group at the company. zero complaints. we got a little bored after constantly fixing spyware BS with XP. 7 got rid of 90% of that.

8 seems to function well in a network environment. they still need some work on their VPN TCPIP stacks though. only thing that has really been stopping us from rolling out.

I've been using my Asus Q550L and I'm pretty content with it. I mostly use it for my DJ software, so I haven't really ventured out on what the computer is capable of. I'm not a PC gamer, so other than basic internet browsing and occasional downloading, it suits my needs just fine.

A 17inch samsung laptop with a core i7 in it.

Tablet is a Samsung Note 10.1

Don't use a desktop anymore.

Work laptop is a standard issue ThinkPad with a 15.x screen.

Phone is an iPhone but looking to make the switch to a Samsung so the tablet and phone have the same OS.

Lenovo E531 for work. Love it....it's simple, light to carry with bag. Battery lasts much longer and have had 0 issues compared to the Toshiba Sat. I had previous.

Back