What's your personal land speed record?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What's the fastest you've DRIVEN a car to. Riding doesn't count. How fast and what were you driving?

I've hit 157 MPH in my AllTrac. I had about 2000 RPM left to go and she was still pulling. When I get out to Oregon where the roads are straighter and flatter, I'm going to try for 165. I'll take a pic. :)

135mph in my Stang. in SoCal on the 405 freeway northbound racing a Carrera.
I could have gone faster but had to slow down cuz we were coming up on other cars. I aint gonna lie, the Carrera took me.

1998 VW GTi, 150@5200RPM in 5th. still had some room to go faster.
1991 CRX 112 damn speed limiters.

took my civic up to about 105 the other day

fastest though was in my old 87 chevy silverado, I get her up to about 120 going downhill.... but 120 is by interpolation because the speedometer only goes to 85 in that beast [but there is no little pin to stop it]

Me 125Mph. I have a 1997 Prelude...The scary thing is that the cars was running really smooth..not much noise..that scary because you don't feel the speed.
I've heard that it tops off that around 140Mph...anyways 125Mph was pretty fast.

Ok, new version of an old thread, huh?

150mph in my Civic, ran out of gear at 8000rpm in 5th. I doubt I'll ever go that fast again on a public highway. If I had taller gearing, I could have gone well beyond- I know I had the power... it pulled all the way to 150.

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 29 2003, 01:30 PM

150mph in my Civic, ran out of gear at 8000rpm in 5th. I doubt I'll ever go that fast again on a public highway. If I had taller gearing, I could have gone well beyond- I know I had the power... it pulled all the way to 150.

what tranny do you have?

135 mx3 gs (very scarry.... not stable above 115)
132ish del sol (very stable... still pulling hard... plenty of RPM left... ran out of road... will have a higher speed by the time i get back from VT this weekend :) )

Originally posted by seanjuan+Aug 29 2003, 01:33 PM-->
@Aug 29 2003, 01:30 PM

what tranny do you have?

JDM SiR2 with LSD- same gearing as the USDM ITR.

Originally posted by ovcrash@Aug 29 2003, 01:28 PM
Me 125Mph. I have a 1997 Prelude...The scary thing is that the cars was running really smooth..not much noise..that scary because you don't feel the speed.
I've heard that it tops off that around 140Mph...anyways 125Mph was pretty fast.

They top out at @147. That's my top speed. In my G/F's 2001 'lude. While she was passed out drunk in shotgun. Heading south on 680.

Oh, and :repost:

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 29 2003, 01:36 PM

JDM SiR2 with LSD- same gearing as the USDM ITR.

same as mine then, [y21 if I remember]
I know when I had my at 105 it still felt very strong

Yup, mine's a Y21. Just remember that the transmission "code" is really a chassis code, not a specific transmission designation.

ive done 120 in my crx dx with i/h/e. dont wanna do more cause its too close to redline in 5th.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Aug 29 2003, 02:36 PM
Oh, and :repost:

yes and no .... the last one got poluted with retads posting shit like
"well i was sitting shotty in my b0yZ F50 and we waz goin like 215 y0!"

this one is specificly how fast have YOU driven a car
not how fast have you dreamed about going in your immaginary friends car

110 in my 89' Civic DX. im not ashamed to say it was downhill and i had four people in the car so that helped. it sucked slowing down, my front right rotor was warped so any time i press the brakes when driving 55 or above it feels like the car is going to vibrate apart.

I got my 90 Civic with a SOHC ZC with the DX 5spd up to 190KM/h once

Back