What's your winter beater?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I suppose that I'll put one of my DX hatches on the road this winter, probably the white one. I've just seen this beautiful 89 BMW 325 iX for sale up in Maine..... and I want it! So I'm working on getting some money together for that. It's red and it will go nicely with the 89 red M3 that Matt's buying next year from his dad.

2004 Silverado 4wd until I find my beater car. The truck will just be used for weekends and snowy days. I want the beater car to be able to save some gas $$$$ and to keep the miles down on the silvy

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Oct 15 2004, 11:57 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@Oct 15 2004, 09:47 AM
Calesta
@Oct 15 2004, 05:25 AM
Earthquake? What's that?
CARB? What's that?
Traffic? What's that?
Pollution? What's that?
[post=402908]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

:)
[post=402982]Quoted post[/post]​

[post=402989]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

Thanks for the edit... but we still have to follow crap ass CARB rules for inspection in Houston, and we have all the same traffic and pollution problems too.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Oct 15 2004, 06:20 PM
1986 Toyota Pickup 4X4 4in body lift 37" tires

and YO on the tailgate
[post=403192]Quoted post[/post]​

Lol... you and every other Mexican...

Originally posted by asmallsol@Oct 15 2004, 11:56 AM
Ji, I have ran one winter with my teins with zero problems, and I am here in michgan where M-DOT uses the 1:1 rule. For one inch of snow, put down one inch of salt. The only thing I have ever done to them is before I installed them, I got a jar of antiseize and coated the threads with them. This spring when I went to lower it again, I didn't have any problems moving them.

As for what I am driving here in Houghton Michigan (Upper penninsula) a shitty old 1995 Honda del Sol w/GSR equipted Blizzak snow tires.
[post=402988]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, that's good to know. Still though, it's a twelve year old car without any rot, and I'd like to keep it that way. Also, as I said- shit always happens in the winter... :) If shit happens to a $100 van, I won't be too upset. Besides, it's the first time in almost three years that I've been able to buy 87 octane! Goddamn, it's so liberating to pull up to a Mobil and give the blue the finger and choose the green. :D

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer..

lancer03.jpg

lancer04.jpg

lancer05.jpg

lancer02.jpg

90 integra... as long as I get the B20 in...

By the way

lancer02.jpg

that is one ugly ass interior...

the good ole b20/vtec hatch is my winter beater. i wonder how many times i can get it stuck in the snow this winter.

heh... This is so immature... It's raining here, and I just got back from the store. Being RWD and all, I decided to play in the back parking lot at the college... I'll be goddamned if this thing doesn't drift! Beaverun, here I come!

97 teggy and winter in nj sux. mayb ill take the 93 conversion van that my parents have sitting in the driveway. bed in the back with a tv, vcr, and rear stereo. hell yea

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Oct 15 2004, 09:04 PM
97 teggy and winter in nj sux. mayb ill take the 93 conversion van that my parents have sitting in the driveway. bed in the back with a tv, vcr, and rear stereo. hell yea
[post=403258]Quoted post[/post]​

haha.. Yeah, so when you get stuck, you can say fuck it and wait for spring while watching movies.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+Oct 15 2004, 09:06 PM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@Oct 15 2004, 09:04 PM
[post=403258]Quoted post[/post]​

haha.. Yeah, so when you get stuck, you can say fuck it and wait for spring while watching movies.
[post=403260]Quoted post[/post]​

never thought of that, thanks for the idea. i guess winters not gonna be that bad this year

Yeah dude, Oregon gets a ton of fuckin rain but we get maybe an inch of snow a year if we're lucky. Here on the coast anyway.

Originally posted by Speedracer228@Oct 15 2004, 06:20 PM
1986 Toyota Pickup 4X4 4in body lift 37" tires

and YO on the tailgate
[post=403192]Quoted post[/post]​

bahh im not mexican, i bought it like that for 1600 bucks, id prolly take the time to take it off, but it only comes out when its snowing, or i want to go off roading. which means its covered in mud most of the time ne way

Originally posted by brian11to1@Oct 15 2004, 08:45 PM
90 integra... as long as I get the B20 in...

By the way

lancer02.jpg

that is one ugly ass interior...
[post=403243]Quoted post[/post]​

Bahahhaha its soooo true! I see people asking should I buy a STI, EVO, or 350Z all the time on the 350Z boards and biggest downside to the EVO is just that
I figured it would feel cheap or something but my god it's friggin ugly!

s40bea34b668b9.jpg

Mmmm now that's more like it!

"P.S"

86 Toyoto Pickup fully stock
92 Toyoto Pickup fully stock

both are total pieces of shit

at least they run... burn oil but run =)

Back