Wheel alignment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Has anybone here ever done there own wheel alignment (front)? at any speed my front end shakes bad!! ... how difficult is it to do? what tools are needed. I know i need a camber kit, but would that be the cause of my problems?

Even if its not possible for me to do on my own, what are the steps that places use to get it done right?... I really dont feel like taking my car and paying 70 buck for someone to loosen and tighten a screw if i can get it done myself accurately.

Thanx

You need an alignment rack to measure everything... I doubt you could see the difference between -0.4 and 0.2 degrees of toe with your own eyes.

you can do an alignment yourself... you do need the right equipment though and it does take a little time to do it.... but i did my own (with help) the good thing about doing your own alignment is you can set it up how YOU want it...

it involves finding the center line of the car and setting up parallel lines from front to rear... then you take your measurements and make adjustments off of the lines

you can make your own or buy one
this setup is one of the best ive seen
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/smart1.htm
its not cheap but its worth it if you race and need to make adjustments often

dude just take it to a shop. Its not that much. and since your car is shaking, thats the balance, not the alignment. if it was your alignment, you'd be swerving to the side and you'd have to hold your steering wheel at an angle for it to go straight. Balancing is about $10 per wheel at any tire shop.

it does swereve to one side of the road, and i just had my tires balanced... im thinking that one or both tires are either pointing in toward eachother ?

/ \

or away from eachother

\ /

causing the two wheels to fight eachother while driveng, thus making it shake. Does that make sense???

anyways thanks E

P.S. how would i go about making one of those??...

Back