Wheel and tire clearance

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94ExVTEC

Ok, to start out i have a 94 civic ex coupe. I have Eibach springs on it which lower it about 1.5 inches. The problem is i had some Fittipladi 15's with 195/50 tires but i got a really good deal on some 17's with tires ($650 for set of Excel Radius wheels and Ventus HR-II tires), and now the front rubs some mainly because i went up 2 inches in rim size and went to a 215/45 tire. I was able to roll the back fender wells so it wouldn't rub but i have a problem with the front. During normal driving i dont have problems but when i drive down a road with curves fast the body roll causes the front to rub or if i hit a bump large enough, but it's only rubbing on the plastic on the inner fender well. I cant just take the plastic out because i have an AEM Cold Air Intake and i would hydro-lock in the rain. Should i move down to a 205/40 tire, get stiffer suspension, modify the fender well, or do something else? :blink:

Snap up some 205/40 or 215/40 and you won't rub nearly as much. Toss those 45 series, they don't belong on civics.

I've got my eyes on a certain set of 17s... but they're crazy expensive.

215/45/17 is way too big for any Civic from 88-00. Get new tires.

I had a problem with 215/40/17s rubbing from body roll on my civic. I went with 205/40/17 and havent had a problem since then.

Back