wheel hop? help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

um the motor and clutch and stuff is new with 3000 miles on all of it.

Also, you'll probably need to replace the clutch soon. I'll bet what you're experiencing isn't wheel hop, but clutch/flywheel failure, induced by rampant ass-hattery. The d-series clutch and flywheel are well built, but not to the level that they like burnouts.

Make sure all your engine mounts are still alright, and everything else is O.K. as well.

Here's some reading material:
Slipping

EDIT: By doing burnouts, you not only do damage to your tires, but your clutch, flywheel, and possibly everything else in your stock 15 year old car. Please inspect/replace things before you do stupid stuff, and keep all stupid stuff on a track or skid-pad where it belongs.

great way to trash good parts.. :shakeshead:

hey, sorry about not using punctuation that much, I'm use to msn messager.

Code:
johnny helped his uncle jack off the horse

Johnny helped his Uncle, Jack, off the horse.
You need to use some proper capitalization and punctuation. As demonstrated above, in a humorous manner, the meaning changes completely.

get some decent shocks and it will reduce wheel hop a lot

if you havent replaced those mounts yet that would be the first thing i would do 205/50/15 should work good for wheels thats what i run

I have an idea..

Stop racing.

There's a plan! You're racing a stock Honda Civic. It's going to pull high 16's at best.

- limited slip diff
- traction bars
- better tires
- learn to launch :)

I agree, i have skunk 2 coilover, solid innovated motor mounts, and innovative traction bar with poly bushings, 16" wheels on hankooks and i never get wheel hop and usually dont spin unless i drop the clutch at 5k rpm...drop the clutch at a lower rpm to prevent spin though, but I make roughly 235whp, 200 TQ. Just upgrade your shit, and get a smaller size wheel.

i wouldnt really consider racing for what i do i just fuck around every now and then, till i get that b series engine in there.

I have an idea..

Stop racing.

There's a plan! You're racing a stock Honda Civic. It's going to pull high 16's at best.

i wouldnt really consider racing for what i do i just fuck around every now and then, till i get that b series engine in there.

I have an idea..

Stop racing.

EDIT: And still look like a clown with your 17's.

Better?

dude you dont get it, lol just cause i got a stock civic dosent me i have to drive it normal i know its not fast but since im swaping out the d16 any how why not have fun with the motor thats in it till it gets ready for swap, and i cant help it has 17s on it bought the car like that.

I have an idea..

Stop racing.

EDIT: And still look like a clown with your 17's.

Better?

I see so many post that are bashing this poor guy with his stock civic. We can't be that snobbish.

How about answering my post on the Throttle Position Sensor on b16a....?????

dude you dont get it, lol just cause i got a stock civic dosent me i have to drive it normal i know its not fast but since im swaping out the d16 any how why not have fun with the motor thats in it till it gets ready for swap, and i cant help it has 17s on it bought the car like that.

Fun? There's no fun to be had with a stock d16, they just aren't fun.

underbody_med_03.jpg

The lower brace can be found pretty much anywhere under "H brace". They're almost all super cheapo pieces of junk- they work well until you squash them on a rock or bump, then they just collapse. I guess cheap is good though, you can replace them for next to nothing. New they're between $50-70, maybe less now.

All of it was bolt-on. No cutting or drilling.

1. launch at 3k with a stock d16, you wont spin and A LOT less of a chance of snapping an axel or f-ing up your clutch/flywheel/pressure plate.
2. dont just drop the clutch, learn to drag it a little (not to the point of your at redline and the clutch is still halfway in)
3. learn to load your suspension/clutch
4. stiffer springs on a stock car usually stop wheel hop.
5. wheel hop is usually cause by the tires sticking a little but not enough, caused by your 17" rims on a stock car. (im running 13" steelies from an 84 accord, and my car has no wheel hop and it will jump off the line in a heart beat.)
6. dont fuck around, it can get you, or worse, someone else hurt. but if you are make sure your somewhere no one can get infront of you without you knowing. learned my leason the hard way!!!!!!

oh and just cuz your gonna swap the motor doesnt mean you should kill it. sell it!!!!!!!

Back