Wheel hub/bearing brand help..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
I need to replace the rear ABS wheel bearing/hub assembly on my 08 Impala and have a couple of different brands to choose from. I have a range of prices and vendors from Rock Auto. Can anyone suggest a brand or one to stay away from?

Here is the list:

PRO - 55.79
RAYBESTOS - 80.89
TIMKEN - 81.79 (one of their most popular parts)
MOOG/NATIONAL - 94.79
SKF - 101.79

Depending on what you all recommend I may do both if the budget allows.

-chester

I've used Raybestos parts before. Never bearings though. Have nothing bad to say about them. And I've heard Moog is great stuff, but I've never actually used anything from them.

I ended up ordering the Timkin as they are Rock Autos most popular part of the ones listed. It comes with a 12 month warranty so we will see.

Timkin was a great choice. A lot of guys on the fullsized forums recommend them for Silverados.

Timkin was a great choice. A lot of guys on the fullsized forums recommend them for Silverados.

Yeah I did a quick search and Timkin kept coming up for all of the truck crowd so I figured that coupled with them being the most popular brand sold for that part it was a solid bet.

Back