Wheel recommendations...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eml1618

I'm torn between Rota Slipstreams and Volk United Arrow S-05

http://www.machiii.net/wheels/volk/UnitedArrowS-05.html

Does anyone know anything about the S-05's as I haven't seen many people w/ them. For Volk's they're fairly inexpensive + $175/wheel. I'll be pairing these up with Azenis's and using them for street and mild track. Thanks...any comments are appriciated.

welp seeing that those are only available in 16s + i would recomend the Rotas

i cant find any weight info about the volks either (for the price i would have to guess they are pigs)

dont buy rotas they are garbage. yes i had a set of slip streams with good tires and they were shitty.

wheel store had real hard time balancing them since they were very unbalanced in weight. my friend worked there and did the balancing, said they were some of the worst rims he had come across balance wise. they shook at speeds over 70 mph. i have a set of si rims now that are so much better even though they weigh a little more, the shaking stopped when i put them on and the car just rides smoother maybe because of the weight. paint also chipped off very fast. anything else you want to know?

I had a set of 15" rota slipstreams in flat black for about 2 years and never had the problems with shaking or the paint chipping. I sold them to my brother 3 months ago cause I needed money to finish my turbo kit.

Man this sux i can't find the weight anywhere on the Volk's...dammit!

I'm using the rota subzero's and have had no problems at all.

as far as balancing not a single problem and I was actually told dby the guy who did it that they were the easiest to balance.

You can't blame the rim for all the problems of balancing a rim, the tire plays a big role as well

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Feb 17 2004, 04:39 PM
as far as balancing not a single problem and I was actually told dby the guy who did it that they were the easiest to balance.

same exact thing the guy told me when he was balancing my c8's!

i would be willing to bet the asshat didnt have them mounted on the balancer right (happens more often than you'd think)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Feb 18 2004, 02:26 AM
i would be willing to bet the asshat didnt have them mounted on the balancer right (happens more often than you'd think)

i doubt this very much and that asshat is a good friend. maybe rotas just suck.

Back