Wheel shakes when under a load

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16CRX

Whenever I get on the gas to accelerate or even to keep a steady speed the steering wheel shakes a lot. I have a B16 swap in my 91 CRX and was wondering what would cause this? The hubs? bearings? knuckles? if it is any of this what car would I buy them for?

Thank you.

its prob a bearing, but also make sure you have the right mounts for your swap, if the motor sits crooked it can cause havok on your ride...

also check your tie rods

myne dose the same thing , and i know its alignment in my case..

Since I do have the swap, what hubs do I buy? Integra or CRX si? I didnt do this swap, the car was bought with the swap, so Im not sure what axles he used and all. He told me he use integras, but he didnt seem to know jack about the swap.

Originally posted by B16CRX@Nov 24 2004, 08:32 AM
Since I do have the swap, what hubs do I buy? Integra or CRX si? I didnt do this swap, the car was bought with the swap, so Im not sure what axles he used and all. He told me he use integras, but he didnt seem to know jack about the swap.
[post=421634]Quoted post[/post]​

anybody? what bearings do I order???I want to fix this NOW.

Depends if you have teg hubs or crx hubs. If you car was an Si or Dx there's a 99% chance your hubs are CRX, if it was an HF, there's about a 50-50 chance that they are CRX or Teg. I'm running teg hubs on my crx hf (larger than stock brakes, OH yeah!)

ohhhh ok. I am pretty sure I had CRX hubs then, cuz I just bought new calipers and rotors no to long ago and they fit fine. Bought them for a 91 Si.

I'd check alignment and tire balance first.

good luck

Back