Wheel Shimmy/Shake under Load

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

My wheel shimmy's or shake's when I drive normal and it gets ALOT worse under load. I guess thats the best way to describe it. As of now I know that I need an upper pass. control arm bushing, and Motor Mounts, I got my mounts in the mail today and am putting them in later on but I dont know if that would make it do that though??

Oh yeah I have a 92 DA9 w/ a B16. Thanks in Advance

:werd:
I NEED my tax return to come in so I can get new BFG's... The crappers on my wheels are all torn up with camber wear, not to mention all the burnouts I've been doing with my new found power. I bet it's the wheels, not to mention your alignment might have something to do with it. One of my tie rod's ball joints has a tiny bit of play in it too, so that could be a source of your problems too.

I just had an allignment the other day and the guy said my lower control are was bent but i dont know for sure. Maybe its that?? Also I have 3 different tires on my car, all the same size but different brands? What about my motor mounts because its more like the whole care shakes not just the wheel, ya know....... HELP!!

if it does it worse under load than when not under load it is most likely a axle. craw under car and woble axles back and forth and check for excesive play.

i have a similar problem.. but mine only does it at around 55-70mph and under acceleration..

yes mine has play up and down not side to side (this is right where the pass side axle goes into the case.

UPDATE: I was driving yester day and the shake got worse then in 2nd gear the car just stopped moving, I wanted hard onj it at all. It felt like it popped outta gear but I checked and the axle arent even spinning and its making a noise when I put it in 1st/reverse and try to go.

Do you think differential went? and thats what my up/down play was?

Could my clutch have exploded or sumthin? but it still starts and goes into gear(i think its in gear) fine...

Or did I just completely wreck my tranny??

All HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED PLEASE!!

Quoted post[/post]]
yes mine has play up and down not side to side (this is right where the pass side axle goes into the case.

UPDATE: I was driving yester day and the shake got worse then in 2nd gear the car just stopped moving, I wanted hard onj it at all. It felt like it popped outta gear but I checked and the axle arent even spinning and its making a noise when I put it in 1st/reverse and try to go.

Do you think differential went? and thats what my up/down play was?

Could my clutch have exploded or sumthin? but it still starts and goes into gear(i think its in gear) fine...

Or did I just completely wreck my tranny??

All HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED PLEASE!!

When you said you had up and down play were you holding the joint itself or the shaft of the axle? If the joint then your play was coming from the differential bearings. If the shaft then that was axle play. When you say your axles don't spin, meaning you cannot turn them by hand or just with the power of the motor? If your inner joints spins but the rest of the axle does not then you have just toasted an axle, which will not let the other axle turn because of the differential (assuming you do not have LSD). If nothing moves there are alot of things that could have happened internally. Sorry to be vague on that one. If your Diff bearings are gone then the diff might be slightly out of contact from the counter shaft. Sorry I could not be of more assistance.

Josh

Yes i grab the big part of the axle where the axle goes into the trans it goes up and down but not really left and right. My car shakes alot when i go up hills and shit!

- For the axle play -

On 90-91 Axles the splines dont seem to be as long as they are on 92-93's. After specifying I needed a CV for the passenger side from a 93 Integra, I got it in and the wiggling stopped.

ab.jpg

The section outlined in red is a different diameter on both axles. The splines go from end to end on teh 90-91 [A] axle where as they only go bout half way on the 92-93. I believe the ONLY diff. is the inner joint.

Back