wheel studs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h82w8

how do I get a broken stud out of the rotor? 90 dx crx

hit it with a large object untill it pops out a little bit , it might be threaded so dont try to hit it all the way out

befor eyou start whacking at it, you will need to spin it. there should be a () at the top in the back where it can be pushed through.

how do you install the new ones? someone told me to tighten a lug nut on it but that doesn't exactly seem right. <_<

I used a lage C-clamp to press out the broken one and then stacked a coupla over-sized bolts over the new one, put the lug on and torqued it down. That pulled the new stud onto the hub. easy as pie!

Good Luck! :spin:

i mean i am working on the front brakes. i am not sure that the hole is accessible where is it i can't find it and i'm stuck somewhere with three wheels :eek:

Take off the rotor. Look for two screws and pray that you can take them out. I had to use an impact wrench w/ a phillips head insert and it still took a LONG time. There are also two tapped holes. I threaded in two bolts against the hub and put some pressure on the screws. Maybe that helped, maybe it didn't, I dunno.

Once you have the rotor off you should be able to press the stud out w/ a c-clamp or bang it out with a heavy hammer.

Don't forget, installation is the reverse from removal!

Originally posted by h82w8@Nov 25 2003, 09:30 PM
how do you install the new ones? someone told me to tighten a lug nut on it but that doesn't exactly seem right. <_<

it doesnt make sense but is how i did mine to

update!!!! It's fixed!!!! wooooo!!!! :lol: my friend came over and helped me motervate it out :D we took off the whole assemly and then the fun part. removing the spindle. we made the most ghetto rigged press i've ever seen Imagine a c- clamp a chain a center punch part of a spark plug wrench ... on second thought this thread is f@#$in useless without pics,let us never speak of this blasphemy again. :ph34r:

:cliffs:
this thread sux without pics . goo d news we fixed it thanks for all the help

Actually I just did this on my Si the other day...replace three studs...two front and one rear. The rear was easy...just tapped it out and slipped the other one in a bit...I slipped a wrench over the stud, then put on a lug nut and pulled it in...it will snap in more when you put the tire on.
The front was a little more difficult...I noticed when I took out the old broken ones that one side of the top of the stud was ground off...didn't know why...I bought new ones and they weren't ground off...then I discovered why...the spindle. So I took an air 'die grinder' and cut part of the top off...slipped them right in and tightened the same as the rear. (note...you have to remove the rotor and caliper to do this...and the drum for the rear.)

Took maybe 20 minutes... B)

Jason

Originally posted by h82w8@Nov 23 2003, 05:52 PM
how do I get a broken stud out of the rotor? 90 dx crx

LOL did you finaly figure it out? and what about that tire did you get it patched yet? i left so i never found out what happened... well i'm out. peace :imgone:

Back