Wheel & Tire Combo's/ Recommendation's?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chumps

Hey guys, well it has come down to the time when my tires are about bald so im looking for a better wheel and some new tires.

The car is a 95 civic vx, teal in color. As of now it sits on 15" Primax 10 spoke silver wheels and 195/50 Hancook Ventus peices of crap. The car is also lowered on Tenzo springs with a 2.25" drop.

The car looks mediocre, but I guess what I am getting at here is something that will look better. I was thinking of going up to 17" rims possibly and ive been really interested in bronze and gunmetal colors. Tires I have no clue about but something inexpensive and good for a daily driver in Arizona helps.

Im open to suggestions and maybe you guys/gals can point me in the right direction as far as brands, sizes, websites, somehtin of that nature, whether its wheel and tire combos or not. I was looking in the neiborhood of $700 or less. Thanks for the input.

Also shock/strut preferences would be greatly appreciated as those are next on the list. The stockies are dieing, and ride like ish :eek:

Id get some 15's if i were you. I had 17 inch enkei rs-5s a little while back and they were just too big looking on a my 5th gen hatch. But then again it is your car. Looking into some eneis if i were you or try TireRack.com for some wheel and tire packages.

Originally posted by YouKnowWhoIBee@Jan 24 2005, 04:56 PM
Id get some 15's if i were you. I had 17 inch enkei rs-5s a little while back and they were just too big looking on a my 5th gen hatch. But then again it is your car. Looking into some eneis if i were you or try TireRack.com for some wheel and tire packages.
[post=450668]Quoted post[/post]​

Enkei 15" rims? Any specific model or type in mind? Something about the Primax wheels just isnt cutting it. I was thinkign somthing with a lip on em might help it "blossom" lol. Any colors you guys think would compliment the teal body color?

Will you be using these for racing or auto x or what?
A good street tire for a dd would be Falken Ziex I think I know a few people who have them and they like them alot. As for the wheels I am not too sure which size to go with I need some more info.

No i would look into getting some 15's not meaning some enkeis ... sorry. But check into the ever popular cheap rotas :D or maybe and oem si or gsr rim might be your style. But research as much as possible before you buy them so you dont make the wrong decision. And are you looking just to daily drive your car or be a weekend warrior?

mostly daily driving. Its to slow to be a weekend warrior! Anyway ive thought about rotas, where is the best places to buy them? Also what colors do you guys think and what style?

You can usually find them on Ebay. There's a guy on here with the username Dancomer that sells them too.

15's with 205/60r15 falken ze512's. you can get the tires for about $50 on tires.com. really good tires. I would know. I work at discount tire.

you can have my wheels for 400 + shipping. they have yoko es100's on them. 80% 20%

Civic.JPG

Just be like everyone else Rotas are cheap and a good wheel.
Tires I would go with some Toyo Proxes or some Falken Ziex.
Just my .02.

Back