Wheel/Tire Fitment

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

For my s13 240, i plan on getting some wheels in the next month, which I am going to get 17x8 wheels w/ 35mm offset, what size tires should i get for the front? And what for the rear? I'd like to have wider tires in the rear for better traction :laugh:
Thanks

Suspension will be coming before the wheels, probably ksport coilovers or megan, I dont want to spend over 900, w/ front camber plates, and rear camber adjustment.

Thanks nate, :thumbsup:

Do you think that I could fir 245 rear and 225 in the front?

Oh, and lsd or vlsd coming later on, as in summertime, as now one wheel spins, gotta get it before going to the track.

The offset on the 17x8 wheels is 35, maybe if i did put the same size tire, it would make it better, that way I could rotate them.

I work for discount tire, and your best move would be to go in and find out what sizes will fit, in our computers we have a full listing of the plus sizes you can put on, my advice is put the widest on that you can, obviously, but for cornering, go for the lowest profile possible. The lower the profile, the rougher the ride, but it will feel more secure cornering. The middle number in the tire size, ie p235/55-17, stands for the ratio of the height of the sidewall vs. the width of the tire. The smaller this number, the lower profile the tire. And tell them you want tape on weights used if you don't want your rims scratched up, cause if you don't, they're use the hammer on kind, and they scratch the coating off the rim every time, we just do it cause its faster.

Yes, i know pretty much everything you just said, as in profiles and ive had rims previously where I got the stock on wheel weights. Not the hammer on ones.
But, computers only go so far, as in will only tell me I can fit a 225 width tire, but, that is on stock suspension, on 240's aftermarket coilovers are in a sense skinnier, not as big of a diameter as the stock suspension setup. Therefore you can fit a wider tire with the proper offset.

Also this would be on an 8" wide wheel.

staggering sucks. you push. a lot. welcome to understeer. know this before you stagger it up. sure, the pros do it, but they also have chassis mods to counter-act it.

245/40/17 will fit. but not with a 38 offset. wtf are you even looking at that offset for? thats honda shit. i think the stock 240 wheel is like 22 offset.... and the wider you go, the lower the offset you end up wanting. most guys with the deep dish have -10 offset wheels.

IMO,

17x8 front
225/45/17
+28

17x9 rear
245/40/17
+20

but i'd double check everything before you buy... i've been out of the 240 game for a while now....

I was looking at the 5zigen fn01rc wheels or whatever the model number is, 5 spoke.
That was the offset they had listed for a 4x114.3 lug pattern.

Anyone got some wheel suggestions then? i'd like to get 17's.

35 is proper offset for most aftermarket wheels on later model RWD nissans.

I had 35 offset 17s on my Q45.

On the fronts (17x7) I had 215/45-17

On the rears (17x9) I had 255/40-17

Stock suspension.

For 17x8 on all corners I would run 225/40-17, especially if you intend on lowering it at all.

Back