Wheel/Tire sets for drag/street

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thGenLuvin

I just got back from weighing my Core Racing Evo-5's wrapped with Federal 205 40R17 80V rubbers. They came in around 41.5 pounds a piece... that's a hidious weight... I got suspicious when I mounted my storage tires this winter and noticed a gain in acceleration right there. Weight on the wheels seems to make a huge difference in acceleraion. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a good wheel/tire combination for maximum traction and still DOT approved, and wheels to match... thanks in advance

P.S for street and track what should I do with my rear wheels?

1992 Honda Civic Hatch b18b Turbo.

Retain the stock 13 inch steelies in the back? would it be better to get some OEM alloys off a 6th gen?

what about racing wheel up front? and suggestions?

thats what i mean....find a cheap set of alloy wheels and put reg tires in the back and the bfgs' in the front...

also vw 4x100 rims are light as fuck

Ok so say I go with a full set of 14x6 jetta rims with all season radials, what is a good set of slicks/rims for the front for drag? i would prefer a DOT approved slick, like the Mickey Thompson line makes. But i am lost on finding a good rim for them:/

6 inches wide just isn't enough for a decent slick, might as well run a bald radial:/ lol

Back