1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wheel/Tire sets for drag/street

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 5thGenLuvin, Oct 23, 2005.

1. 5thGenLuvin

5thGenLuvin Senior Member

I just got back from weighing my Core Racing Evo-5's wrapped with Federal 205 40R17 80V rubbers. They came in around 41.5 pounds a piece... that's a hidious weight... I got suspicious when I mounted my storage tires this winter and noticed a gain in acceleration right there. Weight on the wheels seems to make a huge difference in acceleraion. I was wondering if anyone out there knew of a good wheel/tire combination for maximum traction and still DOT approved, and wheels to match... thanks in advance

P.S for street and track what should I do with my rear wheels?

1992 Honda Civic Hatch b18b Turbo.

2. formby

formby learning in progress

3. 5thGenLuvin

Retain the stock 13 inch steelies in the back? would it be better to get some OEM alloys off a 6th gen?

what about racing wheel up front? and suggestions?

4. formby

formby learning in progress

thats what i mean....find a cheap set of alloy wheels and put reg tires in the back and the bfgs' in the front...

also vw 4x100 rims are light as fuck

5. 5thGenLuvin

Ok so say I go with a full set of 14x6 jetta rims with all season radials, what is a good set of slicks/rims for the front for drag? i would prefer a DOT approved slick, like the Mickey Thompson line makes. But i am lost on finding a good rim for them:/

6 inches wide just isn't enough for a decent slick, might as well run a bald radial:/ lol

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted