Wheel Whore....Unpacked

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jul 5 2005, 08:40 AM
14" mugens

and yes...I'll get better pics up soon
[post=520721]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't get what would make people think those are good looking rims? Maybe I'm just not into old-school jdm stuff.

i like.....let me budget and ask the wife....but i know its first come first serve

they are not made for looks...they are for function.

wheels of course bolt up next to your brakes...correct...front to the rotor and the rear to the drum...for older cars...

what do brakes do when you apply them constantly while driving hard?....the get hot...

Aluminum absorbs that heat...but it has no real means to allow that trapped heat to dissapate...so like the fan clucth on the older car, they have fins...when the engine bay is hot, the oil inside the fan clutch is viscouse...so the fan just sets there going along for the ride, increade the temp of the engine bay, and the fan kicks in...hence a a tempurature controlled item just by the shape of the item...and these wheels do the same...

the fins help disapate the heat from the rotors, so then brake fade will be minamalized, air flow is constant., and when the areo covers are applied, which the set I have for sale doesn't have, but my 13" mugens do have, there is a vaccume that either sucks the heat from the rotor, or forces the air over them...I need to get the wheels on a balancer to spin them fast enough to test that theory.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 5 2005, 07:04 PM
he cant have them!!! :ph34r:
[post=521084]Quoted post[/post]​

just show up with some money...before sone other guy buys them... ;)

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jul 5 2005, 05:22 PM
they are not made for looks...they are for function.

wheels of course bolt up next to your brakes...correct...front to the rotor and the rear to the drum...for older cars...

what do brakes do when you apply them constantly while driving hard?....the get hot...

Aluminum absorbs that heat...but it has no real means to allow that trapped heat to dissapate...so like the fan clucth on the older car, they have fins...when the engine bay is hot, the oil inside the fan clutch is viscouse...so the fan just sets there going along for the ride, increade the temp of the engine bay, and the fan kicks in...hence a a tempurature controlled item just by the shape of the item...and these wheels do the same...

the fins help disapate the heat from the rotors, so then brake fade will be minamalized, air flow is constant., and when the areo covers are applied, which the set I have for sale doesn't have, but my 13" mugens do have, there is a vaccume that either sucks the heat from the rotor, or forces the air over them...I need to get the wheels on a balancer to spin them fast enough to test that theory.
[post=521099]Quoted post[/post]​

That is definitely function over fashion, because there is no fashion... as for that theory, I'd rather duct more air over the discs than sport those wheels. But to each his own.

Back