whelp, i totaled the fo-do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
this morning at 7 am i was goin pretty fast on my way to take my finals. a dog ran out in front of me, and i swerved to the right to miss it. i hit the ditch, countersteered, swerved across the road, hit a culvert/driveway, flipped in the air ass-over-tit, landed upside down, slid about 200 feet, hit a fence, flipped over again, and ended up upside down.

s409aff645f3ae.jpg

s409afed92bf33.jpg

where my BRAND FUCKING NEW carbon fiber hood got straight ripped off:
s409affecb23a9.jpg

s409b00906b6ea.jpg

s409b015fbe703.jpg

s409b01d535b7e.jpg

s409b02f3641a2.jpg

s409b038c927d8.jpg

my hondaswap sticker stuck it out like a trooper, too.....
s409b04c200018.jpg

my pimp-ass engine that i never got a chance to take a pic of.....
s409b0435e7f03.jpg

and, for some reason, i find this picture to be the saddest picture of all....
s409b0525bbfe1.jpg

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

damage to motor: dented-in oil pan. other than that, im pretty sure its ok.

today was quite possibly the worst day of my life.

Ruptured spleen? Go get checked out as soon as you can...

I'm glad you're well enough to post though. Sorry about the car. Salvage everything that you can!

omfg at least your not dead.

i hate car crashes, but somehow i cause so many of them.

no all you gotta due is find a cheap ek HB and throw the motor in
so i can make a comeback, but this time faster.

did anyone here not see this coming? that car has always been bad luck always!!!!!

atlest now you have to move onto something better

damn dude, you do something totally idiotic, then when we think it cant get any worse you go and totally redeem yourself. at least you came out of this alive. i think that car was just doomed from the begining, now you can get yourself an EF.

the doctor said he wont be able to tell for sure about my spleen for 2 or 3 days....

he said until then, he doesnt want to do any cat scans or anything because if in fact im ok, it'd be a huge waste of money.

pluh.

new plan:

silver or black 98 GSR
bronze 16" circuit 8's
some sort of drop
Greddy sp2 exhaust
my B16 head and all my top-end mods
skunk2 cams, valvesprings, retainers
my ITR tranny, exedy clutch, act flywheel

w00t

Originally posted by civicious@May 6 2004, 10:49 PM
the doctor said he wont be able to tell for sure about my spleen for 2 or 3 days....

he said until then, he doesnt want to do any cat scans or anything because if in fact im ok, it'd be a huge waste of money.

pluh.

What a doctor... if he thinks something is possibly ruptured inside you, he should have you sent somewhere to get checked out immediately. That's nothing to play around with.

holy shit dude, i'm sorry :(

i'm glad to hear that you're more or less ok, but that really sux0rs about teh fo do

good luck with the next ride y0

Originally posted by Calesta+May 7 2004, 04:52 AM-->
civicious
@May 6 2004, 10:49 PM

pluh.

What a doctor... if he thinks something is possibly ruptured inside you, he should have you sent somewhere to get checked out immediately. That's nothing to play around with.

Hahaha No shit, wel maybe you can score some malpractice out fo it.

it was my choice not to have anything done...

i hate hospitals/doctors/etc. i dont want a fuckin cat scan unless something is absolutely positively wrong.

oh, and by the way, because i swerved and missed the dog, insurance is saying its 100% my fault.

how fucked up is that.

You learned a lesson today : Never avoid animals in the road.
Front bumper cost > totalled car because of some dog.

I have never swerved for an animal, never will. I am not risking my life so it can do that shit again. I have hit 2 cats, 1 small dog, and numerous squirrels, raccoons and shit--no dmg to bumper or header in any car as of yet. (I did have some damage to the plastic guard under the bumper, but it had road rash anyways--meh)

Unless the animal is a deer, or something big as hell, that animal is an 0wn3d pic waiting to happen.

yup, not to be an asshole but that is def. one of the lessons to be learned here- hit the animal- you're lucky you weren't injured and i know your reaction was to swerve, but the best thing to do is hit the fucker

shit i drove right through the deer i hit a few years ago and all my subaru needed was a bumper and a hood

but i don't mean to make you feel lousy will, i'm truly sorry that this happened man, i hope things work out for the best

Swerving at high speed is never a good plan. Mash the brakes, hope for the best, swerve at the lower speed if you must. Otherwise, sorry puppy, sorry kitty, sorry mr. whitetail deer. I have bought many a grill for piling deer. I haven't killed any dogs or cats. I have found that deer will jump right back in front of you even when you swerve. Like a magnet to steel.

Glad you are OK. I'd go have the tests done fo sho if you have insurance. People die suddenly from internal injuries, even when they thought they were ok.

Better luck next car, um time. :ph34r:

Maybe you should try a bike. No... not a motorcycle. A bicycle. It seems like it would fit you better. You suck at cars. Lesson learned, huh? And guess what chucko: it is 100% YOUR FAULT for swerving to miss a fucking dog when you were speeding. You drive like a cock and then make an egregious error while driving like a cock and then expect *someone else* to pay for it? Wow, you've got quite a bit to learn.

Back