whelp, i totaled the fo-do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 8 2004, 05:45 PM-->
Originally posted by Bl6CRX@May 8 2004, 01:16 PM
ahedau
@May 8 2004, 06:23 AM
It has NOTHING to do with the dog.  Sorry.

i wouldn't say thats entirly correct. . .

:withstupid:

dog not there, fo do not wrecked. It has a bit more to do with the dog than you give the dog credit for.

But when civicious was driving so swiftly towards his finals... he was not being one with the Force. By not paying close attention his surroundings, he was an accident waiting to happen. The dog was just a trigger. Dogs don't move that fast. The same thing with deer, at night I am always scanning the sides of the roads for them...

Dogs can be pretty quick and I'm sure there's a few times you're driving to work that you're not bright eyed and bushytailed checking everywhich way every 2 seconds.

I think we can all agree on one thing though, God hates Will.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 8 2004, 03:08 PM
Dogs can be pretty quick and I'm sure there's a few times you're driving to work that you're not bright eyed and bushytailed checking everywhich way every 2 seconds.

I think we can all agree on one thing though, God hates Will.

no arguement here.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 8 2004, 06:08 PM
I'm sure there's a few times you're driving to work that you're not bright eyed and bushytailed checking everywhich way every 2 seconds.

Yes, but when I am not fully awake, I'm not driving the roads "pretty fast" aka speeding... as Will was.

I think God would like Will to start using some commonsense in his life.... :lol:

94RedSiGal..obviously you have never drove down a country road at night or day DOING the speed limit and see a deer on the side of the road because they want to cross. you come to a slow speed, they dont cross the road, then all of a sudden they decided to run out into the road and you hit the brakes TRYING not hit it/them. same thing can be said about dogs because animals get scared and dont know what to do so they freak out and run right out in front of you. ihit a deer not 3 weeks after i bought a 97 Honda Civic, was on my home doing the speed limit and i slowed down because i saw some deer on the side of the road and. i slowed down and the deer ran right out in front of me and hit it. nothing i could have done about it. i hit the deer and it flew up and over my car while i was stopping...well skidding to a halt after hitting it. the damn deer flew over my car and it died (was a small buck). not only did i kill the deer, also did $1500 damage to my car due to the deer darting out in front of me at the last minute. i am guessing that just about the same thing happened to civicious, but he tried to avoid the animal.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@May 8 2004, 06:35 PM
94RedSiGal..obviously you have never drove down a country road at night or day DOING the speed limit and see a deer on the side of the road because they want to cross...

I've driven plenty of country roads at night. In Maine, one has to watch out for moose. I've had a deer cross in front of me on the NJ Turnpike, I slowed and honked my horn and it went back into the woods. I always seem to do my Saw Mill Parkway runs in the dead of night, there are deer there. I've hit one raccoon dead on in the middle of the Garden State Parkway. I've driven the 110 miles of the Skyline Drive in VA twice at late afternoon with fog drifting in and herds of deer along the sides of the road. And I've driven a lot in Texas in the area between Houston and Austin in the countryside at all times of the day and night. I've driven in all sorts of weather conditions going across country. I've got over 280K miles on my car and she's in pretty decent original condition. Those who know me, know that I am a swift and aggressive driver....

so don't tell me that I don't know about the hazards of deer and loose dogs.

Life... and driving is a calculated risk. Will's not paying close attention.

Paying close attention or not Martine...animals are unpredictable. They could be 20 ft from the road laying down and the next thing you know you're skidding to a halt with a deer/cat/dog flying over/tumbling under your car.

I don't care if he was doing the speed limit, it can still happen.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 8 2004, 11:18 PM

Any kind of random shit can happen on the road. Rocks being kicked up by another car, pieces of tractor trailer tire... whatever. Fine, suit yourself and just keep Will on a bicycle then. I just find that on closer inspection, people with chronic bad luck just bring it on themselves through not anticipating the variables. And there is a very good reason that guys under 25 years of age have the highest insurance premiums... *shrug*

I'd be curious to know what the speed limit was in the area of Will's accident AND what speed he thinks was going at.... and the police report might show what speed they estimate he was doing just before the accident.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 8 2004, 05:47 PM-->
TrailorParkPimp
@May 8 2004, 06:35 PM
94RedSiGal..obviously you have never drove down a country road at night or day DOING the speed limit and see a deer on the side of the road because they want to cross...

I've driven plenty of country roads at night. In Maine, one has to watch out for moose. I've had a deer cross in front of me on the NJ Turnpike, I slowed and honked my horn and it went back into the woods. I always seem to do my Saw Mill Parkway runs in the dead of night, there are deer there. I've hit one raccoon dead on in the middle of the Garden State Parkway. I've driven the 110 miles of the Skyline Drive in VA twice at late afternoon with fog drifting in and herds of deer along the sides of the road. And I've driven a lot in Texas in the area between Houston and Austin in the countryside at all times of the day and night. I've driven in all sorts of weather conditions going across country. I've got over 280K miles on my car and she's in pretty decent original condition. Those who know me, know that I am a swift and aggressive driver....

so don't tell me that I don't know about the hazards of deer and loose dogs.

saying stuff like that will hex you....... :roll:

with in 4 weeks time...I bet you hit something.... <_<

:emitting bad voodoo vibe's pose :worthy: : :ph34r:

Nobody is a perfect driver, and there are way tooo many things that can happen....And claiming yourself to be the best damn driver in the world, and you only hitting one creature...and all those miles......yippy...here's a cookie..... :sleep:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 8 2004, 10:40 PM-->
revolution8k
@May 8 2004, 11:18 PM

Any kind of random shit can happen on the road. Rocks being kicked up by another car, pieces of tractor trailer tire... whatever. Fine, suit yourself and just keep Will on a bicycle then. I just find that on closer inspection, people with chronic bad luck just bring it on themselves through not anticipating the variables. And there is a very good reason that guys under 25 years of age have the highest insurance premiums... *shrug*

It's funny. My insurance sucks but it's been proven by many studies people over the age of 65 cause more accidents, and GIRLS under the age of 25 cause more accidents/fender benders than guys under the age of 25. Basically I'm being screwed by the hotrodders of yesteryear and the retards who want to street race me in rush hour traffic downtown.

But apparently you're not seeing my point. Doesn't matter how fast he was going, a dog is still unpredictable when it's scared, and it will do unpredictable things...like stand one way then dart the other way. I've almost hit dogs, doing less than the speed limit myself.

I think what would have helped Will here is not just slowing down, but learning how to counter steer a spin...he said he tried but I'd bet he did all the WRONG things to do it.

Originally posted by Airjockie@May 8 2004, 11:52 PM
saying stuff like that will hex you....... :roll:

with in 4 weeks time...I bet you hit something.... <_<

:emitting bad voodoo vibe's pose :worthy: : :ph34r:

Nobody is a perfect driver, and there are way tooo many things that can happen....And claiming yourself to be the best damn driver in the world, and you only hitting one creature...and all those miles......yippy...here's a cookie..... :sleep:

Are YOU trying to hex ME Clayton? Careful it doesn't backfire and trash your karma further... I guess I ought to pass on Loco's VT meet then. :roll:

And I'm not claiming to be the best damn driver in the world... I don't know where you get that. <_< In driving as in life, I'm pro-active... I make a good effort to do it right and not be so fucking passive about the process as so many are. It's not just a matter of pointing my car in the general direction that I want to go...

And now that Chris has brought it up, Will could use seat time in a real defensive driving school or do some autocross rather than worrying about his 1/4 mile times (while his car is dumping fluids on the track :roll: ). He should work on becoming a better driver instead of modding up the next car.

im glad youre ok will...r.i.p. fo do. now, i am compelled to finish the lxR as homage to the sedan with the worst mojo in existence. get some rest. shit happens, always will.

Holly dog shit man, sorry I ran out on you on AIM but someone showed up! Are your wheels any good? shocks, struts etc? salvage as much as possible and sell it!

Would you happen to have the OBD-0 Distributor that came with the car? IF so how much?

Last night, after leaving B's place I encountered a cat on Mix Road. The road was residential and poorly light. Despite being tired..... both Ji and myself managed to avoid hitting the cat and kept our red cars on the road... and I know that at least I was driving over the posted speed limit. :roll:

It was close... I thought you were gonna hit a ditch and roll your car trying to avoid the cat, and I almost ran over a mailbox trying to hit the cat. :D

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 10 2004, 11:48 AM
It was close... I thought you were gonna hit a ditch and roll your car trying to avoid the cat, and I almost ran over a mailbox trying to hit the cat. :D

Lies!!!! Don't listen to him!!! lol.

I just treated the cat like an autocross cone.... and I am great at slaloms. ;)

ya ya ya a dog is unpredictable. but you know if he was doin the speed limit, the dog probably would have still ran out in front of him bla bla bla, he probably would not have spun out and flipped his car several times. at least if he was doin the speed limit he would have been in control. dog being unpredictable or not.

Or if you want to split hairs... if he had been going slower, he would have arrived at that spot at a slightly different time, and the dog would have either been on the other side of the road, or would have been further back from the road...

Back