1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when do you shift?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by littlehatch, Dec 23, 2003.

1. littlehatch

littlehatch Member

ok i have a dx hatch and i've read that it redlines at 7200 and like 6800? wich is right? also i was told that the shifting is 36, 62, 92mph since it doesn't have a tach and i dont know if i should try that lol. so i put a autmeter tach in since i had it laying around until i get an eg6 cluster and i take it out and i shift at 30mph and it's before 6k and i shift out of second at 60 and it's at about the same. now 3rd just seems nuts b/c i watch the tach and i'm going a little over 80 and it's at like 5800rpms.

lol i need some facts!! thanks for any help

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

it will hit a rev limiter. dont let off till it bounces learn where it is, and shift right before that point :)

3. tab

tab Super Moderator

yeah, I used to love driving one of those. Rev limiter came on at 35, 65, and 100 in first, second and third. So, you're pretty close. I didn't top out fourth, because there was a speed limiter at 115. I know this for a fact cuz I tried again on a downhill in fifth.

Drive safe.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted