When i go for emissions?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a obd2 JDM b18b in a obd2 civic hatch. Right now im swapping a obd1 p75 ecu to clear some codes. I know this wont pass PA emissions becasue you need to plug into the obd2 port for emissions.
When i go boost, i need to run the obd1 ecu for tuning. Now how will i be able to pass emissions? Or will hondata or another program pass emissions?

I work at a place that does inspection. I might be able to "get around it" but ill be heading for penn state in august and wont be working there, so after that im a little screwed. My inspection does not run out for another 8 months, but im just looking into the future right now.

where in pa do you live because here in the poconos all they do is look at the emmissons as long as you have the cat and exhaust you pass! as far as hondata goes i am not sure if it as the emmission stuff on there! but why not just set up your engine to have obd2 stuff. i did that to my civic when i was doing my swap. i had a b16a2 obd1 motor in my civic and i just added the sensors you need! that is an option. give hondata a call and ask them if they can do that for you!

Quoted post[/post]]
where in pa do you live because here in the poconos all they do is look at the emmissons as long as you have the cat and exhaust you pass! as far as hondata goes i am not sure if it as the emmission stuff on there! but why not just set up your engine to have obd2 stuff. i did that to my civic when i was doing my swap. i had a b16a2 obd1 motor in my civic and i just added the sensors you need! that is an option. give hondata a call and ask them if they can do that for you!

Im in northhampton county....they actually hook it up to a computer which reads and tells what systems are ready and not ready...i believe for a 97 like mine i can have 2 not readys but no CEL.

I would set the car up for obd2 but i cant. Its the JDM motor and the only sensor i know i need is the damn CKF sensor from acura for $127 and the 130 oil pump. Secondly when i go boost i cant use a obd2 ecu becasue you cant chip them. So when they go to plug it into my obd2 port nothing will show up and ill fail. :cry:

tune up on obd1 with a conversion harness... but keep your stock ecu and injectors lying around .

when it comes time to go to the ref, plug in the stock injectors and ecu and DONT BOOST.

Back