when installing LCAs.... ??'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
ok.. i'm going to be replacing my factory lcas for some PIC lcas.. now is it advisable to replace the bolt that holds the lca in place or can i reuse the ones on there again... and is it recommended to use the bolts from Honda or can i hit up any bolt shop??

they should be arriving tomorrow and i just want to be ready and not have to find a ride to the store..

Bolts are cheap, what is it like 4 bolts total?
Go to the hardware store and get some high grade stainless, mark the bag that you only got low grade steel :ph34r:

thats where i looked.. but i can drive to Honda 5 minutes away and not have to worry about shipping..

i'll probably go to Budget Bolt (local place) in the morning.. they have absolutely any bolt you would ever need.. , just about

alright.. the size is 10X80 .. but whats the pitch.. i think most Honda bolts are 1.25, right?? ..

usually 3 diffrent pitches. for the dollar and change I bought all 3 then returned the 2 that were wrong.

Take one out, measure the pitch, put it back in, and go get the right size.

Personally, I'd reuse them unless they are rusty / showing signs of wear. I've never had a LCA bolt break on me, ever.

Now, I did have two in the integra that had rusted themselves into place. I did replace those when I replaced the LCA's..

i'm thinking they'll be fine.. remember i live in CA and we dont know what rust is.. it may just take some effort to break the thing loose.. time to go buy a piece of pipe

dayum! 123! i wouldnt leave the house if it were like that here

dayum! 123! i wouldnt leave the house if it were like that here

DAMN 123 I was going to complain how hot it is here in the Valley but damn. When I got off work last night well actuall this morning at 3am there were lightning storms going on no rain but a whole lot of lightning, it was crazy.

well, i got these installed along with my PIC coilovers and what a difference it made... gonna have to get used to the stiff ride

Back