When is an FPR needed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

Once my 95 B18b1 swap gets finished up i'll have I/H/E. I read in a magazine that these mods cause the motor to run lean. My question is, at the point i'm at do i NEED a fuel pressure regulator? Does the motor run lean enough to hurt the motor? Now that this has come to my attention i've also been looking at them. Anyone suggest a good but decently priced FPR? (B&M, or AEM)

wildbill ran the stock ecu, stock fpr, with jdm p30 pistons, crower 403 cams, and it was still on the rich side.

FPR's run off vacuum. when you throw in more air, it comp's more fuel.

IMO, there is 0 reason to ever change your fpr unles you are at the point where your injctors are very large and require more presure to function properly.

450s are a far cry from huge. medium/small at best.
there is no need to run anything but the stock 42 psi honda provides us.

a fpr with nitrous, is also not needed. using a proper nitrous mangemnt unit, it will control fuel as best it can (Which they all suck at, unless you are running an ems of some sort)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 29 2004, 02:48 PM
450s are a far cry from huge. medium/small at best.
there is no need to run anything but the stock 42 psi honda provides us.

a fpr with nitrous, is also not needed. using a proper nitrous mangemnt unit, it will control fuel as best it can (Which they all suck at, unless you are running an ems of some sort)
[post=423658]Quoted post[/post]​

AEM EMS owns nitrous. :ph34r:

Back