1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When is it time to replace my clutch

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 95preludetypes, Oct 23, 2003.

1. 95preludetypes

95preludetypes Member

My prelude feels like it is holding back at low rpms in 1st gear but when i give it gas its fine the clutch lets out like right between the top and the bottom any suggestions

2. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

if it's slipping it's time to replace it.

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

opps..also wanted to add when you swap motors its a good suggestion due to the fact that the motor that will be going into the car is already out of the car and the labor to replace it is literally $0

5. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

So... say I'm in 2,3,4,5, gear and floor the gas. The revs go up super high, but the car doesn't move faster. Would this mean that the clutch is gone? Or is the clutch still good since I have 1st gear? hahahaha I hope it lasts a couple more months, until I can do the swap!

6. CRX_B16B

CRX_B16B Senior Member

yes that you clutch talking and saying hey, yah you ass hole, you burnt the shit out of me, are you fuckin listening, god damn it replace me fuck nut! J/K yes the high rpms in high gear means your clutch is crap! sorry gotta get a new one. :( But hey if you gonna raplace it you can always put a better one in right? :D

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Yes.

8. nealo

nealo Senior Member

sorry to thread jack but can you replace your clutch on your stock engine and still keep it when you swap in a new engine?

9. Iron 1

Iron 1 Senior Member

lmao. hahahahaha it's been going for a while, but finally had it last night. everyone looks at me funny when I shift gears. my car is screamin' but going no-where. hahahahhaha still like the joke!
    Nealo-- I don't think I'll be able to, I'm going from a d-series to a b-series. But I could be wrong...

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted