when it rains.....it FUCKING POURS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tonyd0821

Banned
i blew my motor tonite.

g/f broke up with me, i was driving down south to clear my mind, all of a sudden i hear detonation. wasnt quite sure it was detonation, but it sounded like something was "hitting" under my hood.

few seconds later.....KERPLUNK, KAPLANK, HIT, NOISE, KERPLUNK, KACHING

engine dies.

I was on the cell phone with Rsaeini (ray) when this happened. he heard it happen live.

got the car to crank, but it sounds like a piston is making some loud clanking noises.

to top it off, im broke as fuck, used up all my college loan money, and my girlfriend dumped me tonite cuz im a "poor broke law student" she is used to dating older men with money.

all in one day. whadda the odds on that happeneing to anyone on here.

im dropping out of law school. i called my old boss at 12am this morning, woke him up, explained to him my situation, and he is giving me my old job back. ill be paid 26.00 an hour as an electrician.

im going to put school on hold for a year or so. save up all the money im making, pay off all my bills and try to make a dent in my student loans.

im going to then buy a house, then at night time, THEN go back to school and finish up then.

it will probably take me only 4 more years to graduate. 5 or 6 if you include this year im taking off.

my chick said she would go back with me once im gainfully employed AND in school. she says her brother did it, her dad went to graduate school AND worked at night.......why cant i?

im accepting that challenge.

and in the mean time im saving up for a gsr swap. ill have to get my local mechanic to drop another y8 into my engine bay, and then ill go with it from there, ill post pics when i get them of the damage.

im through with the turbo scene. had my fun, its just not for me. (but then again i will be making 26.00 an hour in a very shortly.....and if i ever blow another engine itll just be a drop in the financial bucket lol.)

im going all motor gsr. im confident i can get mid 13's n/a in a ek coupe.

sometimes it takes some FUCKED UP ass shit to happen to you, in order for you to see the light.

im too old to be a full time student. i need to take care of my shit on my own, THEN complete school.

im not mad, im not sad, im not depressed.

im just focused now....straight up.

just like the o.g.'s i used to kick it with back in the day used to say:

a minor setback in preparation for the major comeback.

:cliffs:

learn to fucking speed-read asshole, and you wont need cliffs. :lol:

LUCKILY the nice black couple that gave me a ride home had some weed on them, and they got me high as fuck :lol:

so the night wasnt a TOTAL bust hehe.

aside from that, i think i know what went wrong........
in fact im willing to bet alot of money on this...

timing belt. 140,000 miles. hasnt been changed. i was too worried about the turbo maintenance and all the small shit that goes with it....

and it just slipped my fucking mind.

all the care and time i put into that fucking turbo, and a timing belt is what gets me.

how ironic.

i hear ya man, my car got stolen, my girl dumped me, i quit school cause i couldn't afford it, plus i am broke as a joke now. everybody has a hard luck story. mine all happened last week to. :bawling:

thanks, all this shit happened in one day.

fortunately for me, i have dealt with worst things in my life so far.....

so im not tripping. :D

just gotta deal with it, and thats that :D

1) the motor can be replaced for cheap.
2) the girl can be replaced in a matter of a few days
3) i need to go back to the financial stability i had before i quit my job to goto law school in the daytime.

4) i kinda liked it when i was going to college at night and working in the daytime.

i had so much more money. :D

yeah, that's what i'm doing now to, getting stable. unemployment is the way to go, 350 a week, then i can work under the table for another 500.

welcome to FMU's :D

are you sure it was the timing belt? did it snap? jump a tooth?

before you go buying yourself a new motor... perhaps see whats wrong with the one you got. with the t-belt went, chances are it bent some valves.... just get a head... shit like that.

as for the girl- fuck her. she dumped you over money- thats not love.

i'm with B. who cares about a girl that is worried about money? i think you should have called her when your motor blew and she could have helped you tow it and you could have had ex girlfriend sex. ha ha ha

honestly.....i feel weird. i know any other person in this situation, would be devastated.

im not. is that wrong? lol

1) the chick was a whore
2) the motor was a "d" series.

i would be in TEARS right now if

1) the chick was a gem
2) the motor was a "b" series.

as far as im concerned....

Good riddance to BOTH of the "d" series i lost today :D

fuck her then, fuck the motor if it's blown. sell her the motor and call it a night. :lol:

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 8 2003, 05:22 AM
fuck her then, fuck the motor if it's blown. sell her the motor and call it a night. :lol:

ROFLMAO :lol:

Righteous way Tony, why be totally depressed over such things? No matter of life or death, things could have been worse... what if you got into a drunken stupor after your break up and CRASHED the car... well then you could be depressed! :p

Look to the future :) Look on ways of upgrading from what you just lost, a better motor, a better girl hehehe

So what N/A Mods you got planned for the B18 yo?

fuck the timing belt, fuck school, fuck her sister, move on . . . . .
if she dumped u cause of money, she aint shit. if u ever go back to her, u aint shit
just my .02

I know for a fact that there are both better motors out there, and better women. If you're on the track to a legal degree Then you have no worries about personal success. Keep it up - You're a decent dude and deserve more

Then, and I thank Red94SiGal for this, read Relationshit .. It will help make sense of why this all happens.

-> Steve

I thank insurance fraud is a good way to pay of your loans.

besides the point there better women and better engines! ;)

LUCKILY the nice black couple that gave me a ride home had some weed on them, and they got me high as fuck

Tony, so that's the one detail you didn't mention.

look at it like this. you're probably at your lowest point right now. things can only start to get better. you have a job now so you'll be making some good money, you don't have a girl any more so you can spend your free time going to school and getting your degree.

just roll up a fat one, pop Half Baked in the dvd player...laugh your ass off and you'll forget all about your problems.

Ouch, I just had the timing belt break on my 3G Civic, not fun. Head swaps on carbureted engines aren't fun either. :angry:
I agree with the others, a girl that would do that over money isn't worth keeping around.

Originally posted by DTEC
not to be an ass but i think a gsr swap should be the last thing on your mind right now.

It IS the last thing on his mind:

1. Money
2. Education
3. Girl
4. GSR swap

Looks about right to me... :D :D

sounds to me as if you spun a rod. same the happened in my old si motor. heard this hittin sound. thought the rod bearing went bad, so on my way to fix it it spun a rod. made this really loud clanking noise and didn't have any power. and i don't know what to say about your girl that hasn't been said, it's fucked up why she broke up with you and i wouldn't go back.

Man, fuck that girl. she said she would get back with you when you get out of school?? Forget her, get some hot ass girl in law school who doesn't need to suck up all of YOUR hard earned money, then when she wants to get back with you... Ahhh damn, too late , you already got a girl. I set my GF straight when she started doing that shit, i told her straight out that if she wanted that stuff then go find another guy, but when shit don't work out with them, don't even turn my way.
she listened, and if she wouldn't have, i just would have left her.

update:

im taking a drug test this afternoon for the electrician job. i got a buddy who works in health and saftey where they test, so all systems are go :D

what im seriously thinking of doing....

is towing the car home, taking off the greddy kit.
selling the greddy kit on ebay.

using that money to pick up a used HF or SI crx and flossing that (stock of course)
for a few months untill my financial situation is on track again.

register the civic as non-user (whats the term for that?) and storing it in my house.

im thinking of going lsT and what is the point of swapping in another "D" series motor, or paying to have this one fixed when for the same amount of cash i can get a nicely used crx?

as Ray said to me over the phone...

is it worth it to get back into fixing up my engine after this shortfall?

in short,

YES.

shit happened, im over it. i learned my lesson the hard way that the "d" series motor is just not right for my particular application...

onto it's bigger brother :D

all hail "b" series :worthy:

Back