When you drive by the gas station...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

finally.... i get to reply..... damn reading.... when you gonna get hondaswap.com on book tape p.o.s.?

anyway, oil companies are just dicks

most likely, the gas we're pay 3 bucks for now was bought from raw oil companies months ago, and then spent some time sitting around before being refined, and then finally made it to gas stations. if oil companies weren't such money grubbing ass-holes then we wouldn't be paying out the ass for hurricane damage for a couple of months.

the people who own the gas stations are oppurtunists, and when they see oppurtunity like this, they take it. i saw prices going up here before the trucks even refilled the tanks at the stations.

i love military bases......

87 = $2.66
89 = $2.74
91 = $2.87

and 2 miles away right outside the front gate,
87 = $2.84

not sure of the other prices.....but although the prices are still under 3 bux here, they won't be for long

It is 3.09 here in South Carolina for regular. It was 2.40 yesterday. It is as high as 3.79 in parts of South Carolina. People are lining up at the damn gas station. People don't understand that this panic-stricken attempt to fill up is not going to do anything but raise the price of gas.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 31 2005, 03:14 PM

In reality, there is no shortage. What we are seeing here is the free markets controlling the price based on demand. Also, the store is never supposed to run out of Ice Cream. He will just raise the prices until people can't afford it - And they bring it. This is basically price gouging, but it's been working for a long time.
[post=547908]Quoted post[/post]​

Cant call it a free market when prices are being manipulated. Granted, demand has risen with China and India gradually consuming more oil, but to attribute this to the free market is absurd. Cartels, detriments to the free market, are commonplace in this industry.

Here is to hoping that California follows Hawaii's lead and starts to regulate fuel again.

Never happened before - They raised prices across the street from me TWICE today. It's now $3.05 for regular, and $3.30 for high test / Diesel.

Might seem like some shit, but when was Canada in those prices ? 2 years ago ?

Also, Natural Gas doubled in the past 2 weeks. It's set to top out at ... Get this... a "prepare for" Quintuple. Talking about $25 versus two weeks ago of $6. Save up for that electric bill.

-> Steve

Nightly News on NBC showed atlantas prices near 6 dollars.... jesus h. up here in northern vt its about 2.89 - 3.16 depending on wher you go. my tank is full, (filled it when it was at 2.59, got 7/8's of it left and im good for about a week or two... if i dont drive 45 minutes to go see a friend at school...

Motoring now is where it was in the 20's - a gentleman's pursuit. We'll see if the culture can catch up.

-> Steve

"cheapest" i saw today was $3.19 for the 87 octane here in Fort Wayne, Indiana

i tell ya, me wanting to trade my truck in and get a Honda is looking better every day...

Originally posted by BodyDroppedNikes@Aug 31 2005, 09:40 PM
"cheapest" i saw today was $3.19 for the 87 octane here in Fort Wayne, Indiana

i tell ya, me wanting to trade my truck in and get a Honda is looking better every day...
[post=548072]Quoted post[/post]​

Bravo on selling that teg in a hurry!

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 31 2005, 09:06 PM
Nightly News on NBC showed atlantas prices near 6 dollars....  jesus h.  up here in northern vt its about 2.89 - 3.16 depending on wher you go.  my tank is full, (filled it when it was at 2.59, got 7/8's of it left and im good for about a week or two... if i dont drive 45 minutes to go see a friend at school...
[post=548065]Quoted post[/post]​

$6 and "officially" out of gas. North Carolina is already ceasing any non-essential government travel in order to prepare for the upcoming shortage. 90% of our gas comes from those refineries in LA that are at this moment make 0 gallons an hour. They are calling for a state-wide shortage by this weekend. I rented an XBox game, printed out some tab for the guitar, and bought a sack full of ramen and spaghettios... bring it.

Oh yeah, the cheap ass Wal-Mart by my house had 2.99 this evening and I heard from a neighbor its up into the 3.ish for regular.

just got gas tonight at sunoco...

2.99 for 87
2.19 for 89
2.25 for 91
2.37 for 93

cost me $38 to 3/4 fill the sti on 93....

that should last me about 3 or 4 days....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 31 2005, 10:44 PM
just got gas tonight at sunoco...

2.99 for 87
2.19 for 89
2.25 for 91
2.37 for 93

cost me $38 to 3/4 fill the sti on 93....

that should last me about 3 or 4 days....
[post=548105]Quoted post[/post]​

the price goes down on higher octane gas out there in CT? :huh:

fuck it.... we all need to convert our cars to run straight ethanol with turbochargers.

they always grow more corn than they can sell anyway.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 31 2005, 10:34 PM
ethanol comes from corn? i never knew that..
[post=548152]Quoted post[/post]​

are you being sarcastic? sarcasm doesn't show too well in typeface, and you are from CT........ lol

got gas in my duck today at 8 am and it was at 2.49.

got out of class at 12 and it jumped to 2.99.

I was like WTF?? 50 cents in 4 hours? Ouch.

Oh well, I love having a motorcycle. :p

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 31 2005, 11:39 PM
got gas in my duck today at 8 am and it was at 2.49.

got out of class at 12 and it jumped to 2.99.

I was like WTF?? 50 cents in 4 hours? Ouch.

Oh well, I love having a motorcycle. :p
[post=548156]Quoted post[/post]​

Most Supersport bikes get shit MPG. I'm lucky to see 30mpg on my CBR.

A honda rebel 250 on the other hand....... I think they get something like 80 or 90mpg.

im sitting at about 4/5ths of a tank in the insight (filled up friday)
shouldnt need gas till, at the earliest, next friday... if im real easy on it and dont drive much i can make it till the friday after that.... hopefully by then all this dumb shit will be sorted out and the prices will go back down a bit

and GOD DAMN was i getting some dirty ass looks while i was driving around today :angry: :lmao:

:bo:

I'm with you Steve (Celerity). This IS price gouging at it's absolute greedy point. I really hope that alternative fuels start popping up left and right. Hydrogen is a feasible fuel, if made in a controlled atmosphere. I don't believe that whole philosophy of all the water being gone in a year. I work at the Water Department, and I know how much people use in a day. If you used 10 gallons a day, that's nothing, not in Washington anyway. Nothing is ever gained or lost, just converted. That's why water is an exhaust from Hydrogen fueled cars.

What's wrong with methane or natural gas? Propane comes from oil, but natural gas is a seperate process isn't it?

Back